Author Topic: 06 Jazz wing mirror indicator assembly - where to buy?  (Read 1218 times)

guest7836

06 Jazz wing mirror indicator assembly - where to buy?
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
Help!  Where can I buy an 06 jazz passenger wing mirror indicator assembly; without paying Honda £60+ ? (electric mirror)   Only need the indicator unit. 

Local breakers don't have any in and previous posts show links to Civic part.

I've taken mirror cover apart and put film over the stone hole in the inidicator lense, so not urgen, but be keen to get done before too much more rain.

Really would appreciate any advice.

Jane

MikeG1944

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
Re: 06 Jazz wing mirror indicator assembly - where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
Thinking outside of the box. If it's just a stone hole take out the lens and temporarily cover the hole with gaffer tape or Plasticenea and fill it from the back with that 2 part  stuff they use for molding objects in clear resin; normally found in hobby/craft shops. It'll stick to the original plastic and be nearly unnoticeable. A quick and cheap fix.

guest7836

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »
Great thinking. 
Slightly bigger than a stone hole, as shattered around.  But if I can fix a 15cm hole in plasterboard sure I can find a way to fix this little ole hole with resin.  Even got plasticine to hand! 

Excellent thinking that chap ;)

MikeG1944

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:04:39 AM »
A lot cheaper than a new one. In my job before I retired I used to have to repair all sorts of things, some antique where there were no spares available, so had to be very inventive. ;)
Mike.

Tags: