Author Topic: Spark plug removal/change  (Read 1612 times)

midg8290

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.3 2004
Spark plug removal/change
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
Hi all, new to owning a Honda jazz. I have a 2004 1.3 honda jazz. Can anyone tell me what size the spark plugs are as in socket size and also how many plugs are there and location.

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Spark plug removal/change
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »
There are 8 plugs in total. 4 along the back of the engine and 4 along the front. NKG BKR6E-11 spark plugs. 16 mm socket, as far as I am aware.

midg8290

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.3 2004
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
There are 8 plugs in total. 4 along the back of the engine and 4 along the front. NKG BKR6E-11 spark plugs. 16 mm socket, as far as I am aware.
Ok that's great, do you happen to know which was they turn? The cover that protects the front plugs has 2 bults on and instead of turning left to undo they turn right? Is it the same for the plugs?

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »
All the threads are RH threads, looking on the top of bolt or spark plug they loosen anti-clockwise.  Be careful if the plugs have been in for a long time as they can be very tight, do not force them too much as the steel wall of plug is fairly thin and they can snap off,  if they are tight just undo them as much as you can and put some plusgas ( or any proper penetrating oil, but not standard WD40,  I think WD40 may make a pen oil as part of their range though )  down the thread and leave to soak, and then turn a bit forward and a bit back till thread starts to free up.   I always get engine warm before removing plugs as the alloy head expands faster than the steel of the plug thread and eases the pressure on the thread a bit.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/maintenance-fluids-and-greases/maintenance-fluids/?542772550&0&cc5_858&type=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyOSEyu-44gIVC5ztCh3qMA1mEAQYAiABEgKjOPD_BwE

The only place you may find left Hand threads on vehicles is on the axles or transmission.   But the nuts or bolt head should be marked.

http://www.metricmcc.com/catalog/Ch10/10-1022.pdf
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:05:59 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: