Author Topic: The first signs of winter..  (Read 7077 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: The first signs of winter..
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 04:17:24 PM »
Interestingly so far my car hasn't got any worse. It's still starting at what I'd call 'warm idle' but it picks up to 'cold idle'  within a second. One might almost think that was just a sensible way to do things - waiting half a second for oil to get pushed around before adopting the required idle speed. Certainly there's been no stuttering or near stalling so far.

The dealer didn't say they did anything back in February so I can't see why this year it should be better. 
We've had most of the varieties of weather I'd expect down here over winter by now so apparently it's sorted. I just hope it continues this way.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
Minus six C this morning, a clear sky, frosty, and a hint of fog. My Jazz started immediately at the first turn of the key and ran normally. The steering wheel was a bit cold though!

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »
Minus six C this morning, a clear sky, frosty, and a hint of fog. My Jazz started immediately at the first turn of the key and ran normally. The steering wheel was a bit cold though!
I haven't started mine since Friday as I was working from home today. We'll see how it starts tomorrow I suppose. Still - so far it's doing nothing particularly untoward which is nice but I'm curious as to why. I've just checked here and I was still whinging about it last February after my service so it doesn't look like anything the dealer could have done.

Tomorrow will be interesting for other reasons - I'll probably find out how this version of the Jazz performs on ice. Previous ones were a bit 'rev happy' and this one has a torque converter that apparently gives more low-end power which isn't what you want on ice :-/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:34:57 PM by andruec »

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2017, 07:57:23 AM »
And the answer is: Car started and pretty much immediately went to fast idle. No problems on the ice either. I was a bit concerned about our office drive and car park but she was absolutely fine.

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
Well there's a thing. She's been starting just fine since my last post but today I popped over to my golf club at lunch for a lesson. Two miles each way including (on the way there) half a mile of dual carriageway that requires 3,000 rpm just to maintain 60/70. So a not overly long run but definitely not urban pootling around.

Get back in this evening and the car turned over for three or four seconds before firing up.

Now bearing in mind that she has hardly ever had a problem starting in the evening that's weird. I wonder how she'll start tomorrow morning..

Update: Started just fine this morning. The mystery deepens :-/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:55:19 AM by andruec »

Tags: