Author Topic: Jazz Mk 3 2018 SE Navi CVT (17-)  (Read 1922 times)

KADUNA66

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE Navi Auto 2018
Jazz Mk 3 2018 SE Navi CVT (17-)
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:46:13 AM »
Has anyone retofitted a reversing camera which can be linked to the Navi Screen. Its a relatively easy car to reverse but this might assist my wife. The car has been recently acquired and my previous Accords were fitted with cameras.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Jazz Mk 3 2018 SE Navi CVT (17-)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »
I did look into this and got some very helpful advice from a member of the XDA Forum in Romania

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/security/honda-connect-android-t3179549/page139/amp/

He has successfully fitted an OEM Honda camera to his HRV but as he states, it is not an easy job. Also note the comments on the prohibitive pricing of the camera from Honda in Europe compared to North America. I then looked to see if any companies in the UK could help with an aftermarket solution and came across a MOTOR company who MODify cars, based near Cheltenham (not sure if I am allowed to post company names but there is a clue in there!).

They had a look at my car and felt they could probably do the full job but it would need a lot of research into a compatible aftermarket camera and they would have to source the correct pins to populate the existing connectors. As time was limited I opted to have the aftermarket kit with the clip-on mirror monitor which has proved satisfactory apart from some vibration when moving. They did however say that they would look further at an integrated solution so a call to see if there has been any progress might be worthwhile. If there has please let me know!

Hope this helps

Nigel

KADUNA66

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
Thank you very much for your very helpful reply. I had considered a clip on monitor but thought that the built in navi screen might have provision for connecting a camera which is of course available on the next model of the Jazz.
The camera itself will not be a big problem but as you might guess I was trying to avoid any exposed wiring and using the navi screen, if possible, seemed a sensible option.I will make further enquiries along the lines that you have suggested and I am very grateful for your advice.

karlh

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Sport Navi 2018 Manual
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »
I've got the same issue, my wife needs all the help she can get reversing.

Did you find a solution for connecting a third party camera into the Honda Infotainment system ?

I tried chatting with my Honda dealer, and the parts seemed to include a EX wiring loom for the tailgate, a very expensive camera , and different bits of plastic for the tailgate. Something like £1300 of parts, plus it would need to be fitted ...

I would have bought an EX if they'd have sold one with the 128BHP Sport engine ...

KADUNA66

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
I received some helpful advice on this forum with regard to retrofitting a reversing camera but have now moved away from the idea on the grounds of cost. However, Halfords do sell a cost-effective solution with the screen incorporated in an interior mirror. This might be a solution for you but I have no experience of this although others may be able to comment.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
Ask on the US website fitfreaks they have many owners who modify Fit Jazz vehicles

Tags: