Author Topic: Different transmission types.  (Read 3880 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Different transmission types.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
Yes your right andruec i had this type in my Daihatsu yrv 130ps turbo and it was very good and quick in a straight line 0-60 7.8 secs but let down by its handling mind you what i liked is it was different but the honda jazz sport cvt should be as good if not better another thing in manual mode if theres a steep downhill you can slow the car with this mode.
Yes, these days the only reason I use the paddles is to use engine braking on hills. With my Mk1 I would also use them to select a lower gear for rapid overtakes but I kind of grew out of that. My only annoyance is the handling of the engine mode change which can result in sluggish acceleration at low speeds or what feels like a change down on moderate inclines. I believe both of these might have been largely fixed in the face-lifted Mk3. Mind you the face-lifted version also fakes a change down/up/down sequence when you have the accelerator floored. It doesn't feel like you arg changing gear but it sounds like it. Probably a fop to try and satisfy journalists and others who don't understand the fundamental advantage of a CVT.

guest7675

Re: Different transmission types.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 05:33:32 PM »
I will use it in auto most of the time around town and perhaps try out the paddles in the country lanes until i get fed up haha.

Tags:

anything