Author Topic: Servicing - what to do  (Read 1786 times)

TopDown

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
Servicing - what to do
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:16 AM »
Lat year I bought a 2012 Jazz EX with 5k on the clock. Now 5 years old it's done 10k.

What service should I get, mileage or age related and is there a difference?

Main dealer, or non-franchised?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Servicing - what to do
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
Personally I'd go to a garage you can trust, and get them to check it over and service it for you (I assume you don't want to do it yourself. I would get a mileage service, get them to check the generator belt and do a coolant and brake fluid change. I take it you will be putting more than 2K on it each year, so just go by mileage from then on.

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
For resale a series of stamps in the book is a good idea but it won't really matter whether they're by Honda or not.  An annual oil change would be wise, but air filter, cabin filter, plugs, general greasing and tweaking can be done on a milage basis. 
The type of service you get with a combined MoT is probably sufficient annually, with a full service when you hit 20k.  If you have a CVT then you should have it's oil changed every two years or 25k miles, you might stretch the time period a little as your milage is low.   
--
TG

TopDown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »
It's a manual 5-speed and we'll be putting about 6k p.a. on it from now on. I just got the previous Jazz serviced annually, when it went in for the MOT but this one has such a low mileage I wondered if there was anything specific might need doing before following that regime again.

I'll check the service manual and have a word with my local garage then.

Thank you.  :)

Tags: