Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Parcel Shelf plastic connector replacement
« Last post by kevinivtec on April 22, 2024, 11:46:27 AM »
hi hello i think the part you req is called a holder pt no 84403-tfo-003za  holder r/l nh167l these are the part not on the honda parts website hope this helps
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Any differences between 2020/2021?
« Last post by Kremmen on April 22, 2024, 11:44:43 AM »
I was told, by a Honda insider, to wait for the MY22 but he was not allowed to tell me why
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Any differences between 2020/2021?
« Last post by Peripheral on April 22, 2024, 11:11:49 AM »
Hello there,

I'm buying a jazz EX and have it narrowed down to a 2020 and 2021.
Was there a rework of the 2021?
I've seen contradictory information and can't seem to see any differences.
Figured I'd ask the experts   ;D

Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Spodric on April 22, 2024, 10:28:19 AM »
Tinny's post about being banned is gobsmackingly awful. Getting legal advice on suing that Honda dealer would be my next move. The dealer deserves it.

Update:

I had to chase them because they are not keeping me informed, but Bath Honda told me today they haven't received the part that was due yesterday. It is now looking like Tuesday next week before they will receive it. The repair of my Jazz will get "priority" as soon as they have the part. Why am I not going to hold my breath ...?

Meanwhile I have extended my car hire until next Wednesday. It is difficult to keep track of the hire cost over the phone, but I estimate that I have racked up over £700 so far.

Update: While this forum was down (Hmmm?) I finally collected my repaired Jazz from the dealership after they phoned me on Tuesday 16 April. Exactly 3 weeks after the brake failure occurred. There was nothing to pay (£2k cost covered by the extended Warranty) BUT I received no Honda paperwork to show that a brake servo replacement warranty repair has been carried out, to add to the sheaf of service records that I keep. One minor grumble is that the Jazz was towed to the dealership in spotless condition; when I collected it, it was unwashed and looked a bit grubby, with signs of having been stored outdoors. That failure to wash the car before collection was poor customer service to add to all the general inconvenience. 

I have received an Invoice via email from the car hire company for 17 days extended hire. The first 72 hours hire (3 days) having been paid under the Honda Care / AA Relay Plus scheme. When I last spoke to the Honda Care call centre they refused to pay for extended car hire beyond the first 72 hours.

I had to wait 24 hours to be allocated a suitable hire car. It was a 71 reg Peugeot 2008 GT auto. I had insisted on an automatic hire car; a reasonable position to take, considering the Jazz is a 2 pedal hybrid. Next, I needed to use public transport (bus) plus a long walk in the wind and rain to collect the car from the depot, although I had a reasonable expectation that it would be delivered to my house. Silly me!

Incidentally, that 72 hour limited benefit didn't cover the second driver, so I also incurred 20 daily charges for her use of the hire car. In total I have paid Enterprise £883.25 including VAT for extended car hire during the 21 day period while my Jazz was off the road getting repaired. As I posted earlier, all my financial loss due to this brake failure is payable by Honda under the Warranty indemnity clause, so I am going to take this up with Honda, because they should reimburse my car hire payment outlay in full. Further update(s) to follow.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Parcel Shelf plastic connector replacement
« Last post by jimbopolo85 on April 22, 2024, 10:26:16 AM »
I am looking to replace the near and off side plastic parcel shelf parts as the plastic connectors have snapped off. I have no idea what they are called. can someone let me know:

What they are called?
can you replace just this part or is it apart of a larger piece of trim?

Picture is attached - 2018 Jazz 1.5
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: specifications
« Last post by Mr Onion on April 22, 2024, 10:20:33 AM »
Thats exactly how I installed my dashcam

Things I could do without? Almost ever "extra" included in modern cars, specifically (but not limited to):-
Privacy glass (makes the rear view very dim)
Heated seats/wheel
Most "driver aids" especially lane departure warning and the like. If you NEED aids like this then you should consider if you are concentrating enough on your driving.
Pseudo buttons (impossible to use without taking your eyes off of the road)
Mobile phone integration (again, you should be driving not holding a potentially stressful conversation)

I could go on, but I'll shut up before you realise what an old fart I really am.

Easiest way is to jack up car at rear (no need to remove wheel ), take gloved hand and feel for mud on top of the box section holding the filler pipe/filler assembly. This is is a grovel job on your knees so a kneeling pad and a light help. A jetwash will help but if the corrosion is bad, you may end up making holes....

I use a jetwash, then an ordinary hose, let it dry and smothered it all in wax oslution to keep it dry.
If anyone doubts their physical ability to do the initial checks  , you could try poking a smartphone in and taking some random flash photos, or even a video.  I cant guarantee success but you might  get lucky with a revealing shot in good focus  . This evidence might also help you find a willing  child to send up the chimney ;D 
« Last post by Nicksey on April 22, 2024, 08:00:32 AM »
Dashcams are a pain to wire as ideally they need the Option Connector to help hide the wiring

Using the fag socket with a wire draping up and across the dash is a big no no for me

Heated seats and steering wheel, never used them. Always found my body heat does a perfectly good job.

Why would you need to drape the wiring over the dash from the fag socket? It is easily threaded around and under the dash and trim, up into the roof liner. Apart from a couple of inches of wire from the fag socket going into the passenger footwell, everything else is hidden.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on April 22, 2024, 07:58:21 AM »
If you have an EX with standard  rear passenger USB power points  these are rated at 2 amps,which is normally more than enough to power a dashcam.  (But best to check)     I connect my FRONT  dash cam (a Garmin mini 2) to one of these  using the extra long usb lead that came in the box. (or you could buy a lead separately)  It was long enough to hide behind trim etc for its entire length making it an  unobtrusive semi permanent fixture. I only unplug it when entering countries where dashcams are illegal.   I could probably connect a rear dashcam to the other rear socket in the same way but havnt done so. 

Been using another car recently without reversing camera, and cross traffic  monitoring  , and its been a literal pain in the neck reversing out of parking spaces.   I am reasonably flexible for an old codger ,and do supplement mirrors, cameras bleepers etc by  physically turning my head, and torso for a better view  but I did miss the added reassurance of gismos.   
« Last post by Kremmen on April 22, 2024, 06:30:16 AM »
Dashcams are a pain to wire as ideally they need the Option Connector to help hide the wiring

Using the fag socket with a wire draping up and across the dash is a big no no for me

Heated seats and steering wheel, never used them. Always found my body heat does a perfectly good job.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
anything