Author Topic: Should I change??  (Read 3039 times)

guest492

Should I change??
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:32:29 AM »
Hello all, Just popped in to ask this question.
I own a Skoda Fabia 1.9TD PD 100bhp and a great little car it is too. I do like a change and really love the fresh looks and styling of the Jazz. The JD Power scores are amazing too although my little Fabia is right up there. The plus points on my car are 68mpg (though expensive Diesel) room, performance, reliabilityand great ride. The downside, Noisy engine, dull styling (inside especially) PD engine requires cambelt 4 yrs or 60,000 mls.
Jazz worries me on ride quality and fuel consunmption but I am an older driver and do like uot and fancy a CVT which it appears is amazing in the Jazz.

Theres an 05 plate CTV  21000 mls for £7995 in my local garage. Can you guys make up my mind for me??

guest238

• Topic Starter
Re: Should I change??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »
The CVT is fantastic.

Glad to hear your Furby is the 100bhp TD and not the shockingly bad 1.9 SDi! :o

My brother has just replaced his Scooby (Subuaru Impreza VeryfastTurboModel) with a Fabia vRS. It's a bit nosy but already he's saving on the fuel at 43mph with a heavy foot (even though diesel is more expensive) compared with the 20mpg he got from his Subuaru. He's very impressed with it, although I find the interior a bit dull even with the vRS-spec light grey seats.

The Jazz will not need the cambelt changed as often because it doesnt have one :)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »
Theres an 05 plate CTV  21000 mls for £7995 in my local garage. Can you guys make up my mind for me??

1st off why change, cost depreciation the joy of motoring in the UK??

I recommend you drive a new Jazz Manual dealers are falling over themselves with offers - then try a Jazz with CVT gearbox - great around town.
Your best bet would be to wait for the end of the year scramble at Honda dealers when the unsold stock of Mk2 Jazz are still sitting on expensive forecourts - better still wait to Jan 09 for the Mk3 cars to finally arrive albeit at a higher price than current cars.
The choice is yours

guest492

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:59 PM »
Thanks you guys for replies..I was beginning to worrythat 'Skoda' and/or Fabia must be swear words on here ???. Well I'm not in a rush so will take your advice in waiting for the new model arriving then try to secure a better deal on an older one. Must say the Furby is nice and the main reasons for changing would be style and Auto box. Of course by then it will become (hopefully) more clear as to whether perol is a viable alternative to Diesel on the economy front. Thanks again, I will report any developments. 8)

Tags:

anything