Author Topic: Mk3 - ruining the reputation one step at a time.  (Read 13545 times)

guest7675

Re: Mk3 - ruining the reputation one step at a time.
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 06:55:24 PM »
Well andru this will be my first jazz as only had a civic before many yrs ago so should be interesting what i make of living with the car.

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 08:04:24 PM »
Well andru this will be my first jazz as only had a civic before many yrs ago so should be interesting what i make of living with the car.
Heh, I think you'll like it. I mean I like it. I'm just annoyed because I feel it falls short of the standard I'm used to. Maybe it's something that will be addressed as the model matures.

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »
Just a quick question on the parking sensors. Is it front or rear or all of them? The reason I ask is I was thinking the other day that I don't think I've ever heard the rear sensors on this car. Front sensors are fine.

It’s all of them, the whole parking sensor system refuses to switch on and will not do so until the ignition is switched off and back on again. I am surprised you have never heard the rear sensors as opposed to the front. When working the rear warning comes on at about 1 metre distance, the front sensor warning much closer possibly due to the front only having 2 sensors placed at the corners of the bumper.

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
Heh, I think you'll like it. I mean I like it. I'm just annoyed because I feel it falls short of the standard I'm used to. Maybe it's something that will be addressed as the model matures.

As the model matures? The MK3 was out for a while in Japan before it arrived in the UK. By the time it arrived here all the niggles should have been ironed out. I think quality is slipping and the reputation will go the same way. The Honda my connect dongle was being fit to the 2018 models when it had clearly not been tested.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »

As the model matures? The MK3 was out for a while in Japan before it arrived in the UK. By the time it arrived here all the niggles should have been ironed out. I think quality is slipping and the reputation will go the same way. The Honda my connect dongle was being fit to the 2018 models when it had clearly not been tested.

Software is hardly ever tested, it is just released for the buyers to test, Microsoft are good at doing it that way - they rely on 'patching' via the internet.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
New Hondas are ten a penny round here. Nearest dealer is 10 miles away. When we had a Honda dealer in the town it looked like every second car was a Honda!

It was the same around us (near Chester) - there were two well regarded long-standing dealers in the area and you could sometimes find yourself in a little convoys of Jazz's!   Those dealers have gone to be replaced by a dealer who have been worse than any other franchise dealer I've ever dealt with - good going bearing in mind they've only been there a few years.  I wish I hadn't bothered with the 5yr service package on our 2014 car as I'd be able to take it somewhere else.

Wife had a Jazz and neighbours next-door-but-one either side of us also had Jazz.  All gone now.

Be very interesting to know the sales in our area.  Honda UK numbers have been flat for years so if some members are seeing loads of mk3's then there must be some areas where the numbers are down.

DaveBerks

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Mk4 Crosstar EX
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
I have recently seen what seems to me like quite a few new Mk3 Jazz's in the Reading area. This being a kind of whizzy no time to waste driving area (as is the rest of the South East), I have reasoned that this is down to people seeing a few of them on the roads, thinking what a damn good sensible small car for the size they are (easy to park unlike MPVs) and they no longer look old fashioned (sorry Mk2) or have that aged driver reputation thanks to the recent 1.5s advertising, plus of course Honest John thinks the latest facelift version is the bees knees of small cars. Of course a lot of folk can't live without a turbocharged engine.....but just remember the extra MPG you're getting ! and 102 BHP from a 1.3 can't be inadequate.

They also seem to have ironed out the suspension fidget on poor pot holed road surfaces so I'm told. Very good.

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »

Software is hardly ever tested, it is just released for the buyers to test, Microsoft are good at doing it that way - they rely on 'patching' via the internet.

We are not talking about bugs here, we are talking about over 50% of the basic functionality that's inoperable.

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »

We are not talking about bugs here, we are talking about over 50% of the basic functionality that's inoperable.
That seems a bit harsh. The only thing I can immediately think of that isn't operable (or not implemented) is the background image. That's mentioned in the manual at some length but appears unavailable. Other than that the only things I know of are poor design - stupid clock that doesn't properly handle DST, no (easily) visible clock on the infotainment unit if you don't click [Ok] at start up and a possible track name issue when using an iPod (sometimes the wrong track name shows).

And of course the stupid hardware design of having touch sensitive buttons for everything including the heating controls.

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »

That seems a bit harsh. The only thing I can immediately think of that isn't operable (or not implemented) is the background image. That's mentioned in the manual at some length but appears unavailable. Other than that the only things I know of are poor design - stupid clock that doesn't properly handle DST, no (easily) visible clock on the infotainment unit if you don't click [Ok] at start up and a possible track name issue when using an iPod (sometimes the wrong track name shows).

And of course the stupid hardware design of having touch sensitive buttons for everything including the heating controls.

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. My comments are directed at the Honda my connect dongle that had clearly not been tested with the 2018 Jazz. I believe from this forum that the dongle is no longer being fitted to the Jazz whilst Honda works on a fix.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »
Interesting thread and interesting title. I think you could be right. Our mk3 Jazz feels the worst put together of all the Hondas we have had. Like it has been built to a budget to cut costs. I still can't believe they did not bother to paint under the bonnet or behind the fuel cap etc.

Ours is nearly three years old now and we have got used to the infotainment hiccups and false alarm boings. The body panels seem to be thinner and more prone to car park dings as well. It also has a knocking noise from the engine bay when pulling away in first or second. The dealer did have a look but could not find anything and said they will have another look if it gets worse or breaks. As the warranty is soon to expire I hope it won't land us a big bill.

Unfortunately if you are working you don't have the time to keep taking a car back to the dealer to get stuff checked. On the other hand it may be because it's blue, all the blue cars we have had have been poor.

On the subject of VW, we had a golf and I thought it was quite a good car to drive but my wife found it heavy. The last straw was after a year when I took it to be serviced and waited two hours only to be told "the car doesn't need servicing, it will tell you when it needs fresh oil."  We then went straight to the Honda dealer and bought a Mk 1 Jazz which my sister now has and is still going strong (pity we can't have it back).

Anyone wanting an auto, have you considered a Lexus CT. similar equipment to a jazz, Lexus reliability and customer service (although that can vary by dealer) and can be had for similar money. It is smaller than jazz, especially in the boot and rear but may be worth considering.

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2018, 09:59:53 AM »
The only new cars I’ve had previously have been Fords I decided to try something different so eventually chose the Jazz I’m now on my 2nd mk3  they are in another league for build quality. All of my previous cars had annoying faults, bits of body trim coming of, rattles, squeaks etc finally culminating in the gear knob coming of in my hand ! If previous generations of Jazz were better I wish I’d jumped earlier

guest7675

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »
Interesting thread and interesting title. I think you could be right. Our mk3 Jazz feels the worst put together of all the Hondas we have had. Like it has been built to a budget to cut costs. I still can't believe they did not bother to paint under the bonnet or behind the fuel cap etc.

Ours is nearly three years old now and we have got used to the infotainment hiccups and false alarm boings. The body panels seem to be thinner and more prone to car park dings as well. It also has a knocking noise from the engine bay when pulling away in first or second. The dealer did have a look but could not find anything and said they will have another look if it gets worse or breaks. As the warranty is soon to expire I hope it won't land us a big bill.

Unfortunately if you are working you don't have the time to keep taking a car back to the dealer to get stuff checked. On the other hand it may be because it's blue, all the blue cars we have had have been poor.

On the subject of VW, we had a golf and I thought it was quite a good car to drive but my wife found it heavy. The last straw was after a year when I took it to be serviced and waited two hours only to be told "the car doesn't need servicing, it will tell you when it needs fresh oil."  We then went straight to the Honda dealer and bought a Mk 1 Jazz which my sister now has and is still going strong (pity we can't have it back).

Anyone wanting an auto, have you considered a Lexus CT. similar equipment to a jazz, Lexus reliability and customer service (although that can vary by dealer) and can be had for similar money. It is smaller than jazz, especially in the boot and rear but may be worth considering.

To be honest your jazz may have been the last to be made in uk and also the 2018 facelift jazz has upped its quality as to under the bonnet and fuel cap many cars i have had in the past was like that unless you go for a merc or bmw but some of them have reliability issues.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2018, 10:45:44 AM »
I am fully satisfied, with my Facelift EX Navi.
 After six weeks, the only gripe is. When moving off, the Atkinson cycle is noisier some days, than others......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
It also has a knocking noise from the engine bay when pulling away in first or second. The dealer did have a look but could not find anything and said they will have another look if it gets worse or breaks. As the warranty is soon to expire I hope it won't land us a big bill.
I see you actually started this thread:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9214.0
It now contains an interesting link to another forum with a lot of info about the problem including a recording of exactly the noise I get.  Personally I wouldn’t be happy with a dealer saying he can’t find anything wrong (I have demonstrated the noise and he agreed it was there). Nor would I be happy to have the warranty expire without having this fixed, it just shouldn’t be happening: the dealer has had one attempt and the car’s about to about to go back for the second.

So, returning to the main topic of the thread, because this is my first Honda I can’t compare with previous models, but in comparison to other makes it’s nothing special.

Tags:

anything