Author Topic: No lights on dash and power steering gone - HELP!  (Read 776 times)

Jimboo

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2008
No lights on dash and power steering gone - HELP!
« on: June 06, 2023, 09:42:43 AM »
Hi,I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help!
I have a 2008 Jazz 1.4, car has been driving fine. I'd been out for the day and when we went to dive home I found that all the dash lights wouldn't come on and the power steering wasn't working. All other electrics working fine. Recovery firm sent a mobile mechanic who checked and changed the fuse but it keeps blowing.

Anyone had this before?? I've checked the wires and changed fuses but no.3 still keeps blowing. The car battery is now dead so starting to think this could be an alternator fault.... also noticed one of the fog lights is blown.
Any ideas?? Local garages won't look at electrical faults and mobiles charging a fortune  :o

FBogdan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GD CVT x 2, FR-V 1.8 i-vtec automatic Executive
Re: No lights on dash and power steering gone - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 08:42:48 PM »
I suspect that you have an electrical malfunction of the battery.
It happened to me few years ago on a similar Jazz. The battery was only 5-6 months out of warranty and suddenly the car refused to start.
After trying to start with charging cables from another car with no result (the engine was rotating but would not start), I took of the battery and  took her to a service with battery tester. They said in anout 10 minutes that the battery would not accept energy from any source, I bought a new battery and and everything worked flawlessly again.
Luckily, the alternator was fine, passed the charging test required for the new battery warranty.

Tags:

anything