Author Topic: Indicators not flashing  (Read 1815 times)

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Indicators not flashing
« on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
I took the car out this morning(2004 cvt) and the indicators were not working. I checked the hazard lights they worked. Fuse was ok, when I put the indicator to the left or right I could hear a slight single tick from the instrument panel. I started the engine and gave Two great big slaps on the top on the dash above the instrument panel and problem solved for now. This may be of use for someone in the future. A strip down of the instrument panel will be required if it continues to be intermittent.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Indicators not flashing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »
Sounds like the indicator flasher relay playing up, but I don't think it's located behind the instrument panel.

I think the relay is located by the interior fuse box.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:50 AM »
I have a feeling that Brendan is right, the relay is inside the instrument cluster, mounted on the pcb.

Possible bad relay, but a bit odd considering the hazard lights were still functional. Could point to a dry joint or bad connector, particularly considering a thump fixed it.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
When I did my Merchant Navy Radio Officer's ticket, back in the 60's, we were taught that with an intermittent fault, give it a good thump. It would either stop working completely, in which case you could easily fault find it, or it would work, in which case you could get on with something else!
Two blondes checking their indicators. Yes there working, no they're not, yes they are, no they're not, yes they are, no they're not....................................................................

Brendan976

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »
2 months on and the indicators are still working.

Tags: