Author Topic: Honda tech, but does it work with Jazz...  (Read 3977 times)

guest7368

Honda tech, but does it work with Jazz...
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:59:56 PM »
Just been watching some Honda videos and one of them showed the key fob, click once to lock the car, then click and hold to bring the wing mirrors in... does this work on any of the Jazz versions?

I saw another that showed the car lock itself after 30 seconds of it being unlocked but none of the doors opened, then the car automatically locked itself after 30 seconds... tried on mine, it was still open  ;) :D

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Honda tech, but does it work with Jazz...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:40:41 AM »
Yes the doors do re-lock after 30 seconds on my EX but this has been true of every car that I have owned for the last 15 to 20 years.

I tested the wing mirror folding and that doesn't work on mine.

guest7368

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »
Ill try the doors again today.

Shame the wing mirrors did not fold because that would be a really good feature to have.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:47:31 AM »
My SE works the same as ColinS's car. One thing I miss is the auto lock at 5 mph when moving off, my last few cars have had this feature. If I turn my mirrors in I put the switch to the open position after switching off the car so that they fold out upon switching on the car. There is a school of thought that it is better to leave the mirrors out in car parks as folding them encourages people to park closer to your car.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »
Just been watching some Honda videos and one of them showed the key fob, click once to lock the car, then click and hold to bring the wing mirrors in

My Civic has that feature plus the mirrors fold out automatically when the drivers door is opened.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
My SE works the same as ColinS's car. One thing I miss is the auto lock at 5 mph when moving off, my last few cars have had this feature. If I turn my mirrors in I put the switch to the open position after switching off the car so that they fold out upon switching on the car. There is a school of thought that it is better to leave the mirrors out in car parks as folding them encourages people to park closer to your car.

Something that's crossed my mind as well! Especially as my last car park scrape was after I had folded the mirrors in.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »
.... after 30 seconds of it being unlocked but none of the doors opened, then the car automatically locked itself after 30 seconds...
Yes, every Jazz with remote locking since 2002; probably to prevent accidental handbag/pocket unlocking while walking away.
--
TG

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Just been watching some Honda videos and one of them showed the key fob, click once to lock the car, then click and hold to bring the wing mirrors in

My Civic has that feature plus the mirrors fold out automatically when the drivers door is opened.
I hope that can be disabled if it ever comes to the Jazz. I need to fold my mirrors in to park my car in my garage.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »

I hope that can be disabled if it ever comes to the Jazz. I need to fold my mirrors in to park my car in my garage.

I can't be the only one wondering how you get out of the car!

Hobo

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »

There is still the button inside the car next to the mirror adjusters on the armrest so they can be folded from the drivers seat if necessary, plus they don't fold out automatically when the door is opened if they have been folded in with the button.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:21:49 PM by Hobo »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »
My wifes Si has the push button folding mirrors (button by normal mirror adjusters)  which never gets used. They don't fold by holding lock button on the keyfob.

One thing that some people don't realise the Jazz has is 'superlock' on doors,  where if you press lock button on fob again within 5 seconds of first push the doors 'superlock' and cannot even be opened from inside the car by the door open handles, so even if someone smashes the window they can't get doors open.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Hobo

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:35:44 PM »

I was once in a new build rental property with an attached garage, I had a Vauxhall Vectra company car when I tried to get it in the garage I had about two inches clearance either side through the door and it was impossible to open the door far enough to even squeeze out when I got it in, my OH was watching and started to laugh as the back was sticking out so it was impossible to close the door either. :o

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »

Lol! The problem is the entrance pillars and two more supporting pillars half way along each side wall. The car goes just far enough forward that if I park as far off-centre to the left as possible the driver's door will open in front of its wall pillar giving adequate clearance. I could actually get the car even further forward but I have a bench and storage along the back that currently limits me.

I think I did once prove that I could park even with the door mirrors out but I had to be dead-centre and then the driver's door hits the pillar and doesn't open far enough to let even my slight frame through.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
It caused great joviality at school when one of our teachers drove their bubble car (no reverse, just forward gears) up against a wall and then couldn't get out.  If you remember, the whole of the front opened as a door.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »
Just been watching some Honda videos and one of them showed the key fob, click once to lock the car, then click and hold to bring the wing mirrors in... does this work on any of the Jazz versions?

I saw another that showed the car lock itself after 30 seconds of it being unlocked but none of the doors opened, then the car automatically locked itself after 30 seconds... tried on mine, it was still open  ;) :D
My HR-V SE has these features - something to help justify the big price mark-up over the Jazz. I use the mirror parking a lot as it's an extra confirmation that the vehicle is locked (and this also closes any open windows). Another feature is that holding down the open button on the remote will lower all the windows - useful when returning to the vehicle on a hot day.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: