Author Topic: What is the average insurance cost for Honda Jazz EX CVT ?  (Read 9414 times)

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Re: What is the average insurance cost for Honda Jazz EX CVT ?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
She has to drive it more than you  ;D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
Not if she was the registered owner and put me down as a named driver ?
No. But then she would have to be the PRINCIPLE driver, a mistake lots of parents make when they insure cars in their names for their offspring to drive. Still renders the policy null and void!
Add to that the fact that every insurance proposal form I have filled in, in recent years, asks "Where is the vehicle parked, overnight?". I take it you wouldn't run it round there every night?
Of course, you could say it was only parked there the night it was stolen/struck or whatever. Then the insurance guy asks the neighbours and the chap who's "spot" you once parked in says, "Oh, it's there every night". Not worth the risk to save a few pounds.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
Not if she was the registered owner and put me down as a named driver ?

You have to be really careful that you are not the main driver when you are added as a named driver to an insurance policy, if your mom does not drive the car more than you do, and the car is not kept at their address you may be accused of 'fronting' and the insurance is void,  plus you may lose 6 points off your licence, also you will probably not build up any no-claims as a named driver,  but this varies between companies.

Avoid fronting

The final thing to be aware of when it comes to named driver insurance is to avoid what is known as ‘fronting’.

This is when you are on the insurance policy for the vehicle in question as a named driver when in fact you are the main driver.

If you have some kind of accident, try to claim, and are caught out fronting, not only will your claim be made invalid but you will find any insurance you take out in the future far more expensive as a result. You could also receive six points on your license which, for younger drivers, equals and instant ban.

So as long as you avoid fronting and take note of the potential effects on your no claims discount (or lack thereof), then named driver insurance could be just what you need to get yourself on the road at a low cost.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
Following this post, i have just checked what I pay for a risk B area and it was £487 with NFU back in March, for myself (retired) and my daughter (IT Manager aged 44) My daughter is only on the policy, for emergency reasons and doesn't normally drive this car.
I am staggered by the lower cost, quoted by some of our members and quiet obviously I will be looking elsewhere, come next years renewal.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »
Been with Direct Line for years, always check the comparison sites each year when my renewal is due and usually cannot get any cheaper, however this year they wanted £46 more than last year, got some quotes from the other companies and phoned DL they immediately matched the cheapest quote so I paid £256.48, the guy told me to always phone them if the renewal is too large as it is computer generated and they can always give a better deal.

Out of interest when I changed from the Jazz to the Civic my insurance actually went down and I got a small rebate which given the difference in engine size and value of the car I was not expecting.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Following this post, i have just checked what I pay for a risk B area and it was £487 with NFU back in March, for myself (retired) and my daughter (IT Manager aged 44) My daughter is only on the policy, for emergency reasons and doesn't normally drive this car.
I am staggered by the lower cost, quoted by some of our members and quiet obviously I will be looking elsewhere, come next years renewal.

My brother was with NFU for years and then he left because they were ripping him off..........  message seems to be never stay with same insurer for too long (they will rip you off) and make use of 'introductory offers with other insurance companies,  which as name suggests are low to attract new customers.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 12:42:03 PM »
Been with Direct Line for years, always check the comparison sites each year when my renewal is due and usually cannot get any cheaper, however this year they wanted £46 more than last year, got some quotes from the other companies and phoned DL they immediately matched the cheapest quote so I paid £256.48, the guy told me to always phone them if the renewal is too large as it is computer generated and they can always give a better deal.

Out of interest when I changed from the Jazz to the Civic my insurance actually went down and I got a small rebate which given the difference in engine size and value of the car I was not expecting.

I wonder what the guy used to calculate the premium?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »
I know my insurance renewal is not due until March 2018, but today thought I would check with one of the well known comparison websites to see what the latest quotes are.

I was again staggered to find that quotes varied from £583 up to £2125, mostly from companies I had never heard of.
What is going on? The cheapest quote at £583 is £100 more, than I paid last March.

OK, i'm turned 80 and have been driving for 63 years and probably covered well over 500,000 miles in that time, with never a major accident, in fact non that was my fault.

The most recent bump was November 2015 when someone ran in the back of me whilst I was stationary, again not my fault.
You may say,'well do did make claim'  Yes, but I have protected NCB, so future renewals should not be affected.

Two word spring to mind 'Rip & Off'.  Someone mentioned that the insurance group for an Mk3 EX has gone up.

Perhaps our Adrian Flux rep, might like to comment?

Regards Ken T

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
If you are involved in an accident that your insurance company are aware of your premium will go up, blameworthy or not, NCD or not.You have become a statistic.
It is becoming necessary to consider whether NCD is cost effective.

Vic.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
Many thanks Vic, like I said it's becoming a RipOff!

If we are paying extra for Protected NCB and not getting it, then in my opinion, that is fraud.

If you are right in your assertions, then we have no control over our insurance destiny and it's all down to the other guy!!!

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
With protected NCB the no claims bonus is protected - NOT the premium.

So if you have a premium one year which is £1000 less a protected no claims bonus of 70% the amount you pay £300.

Next year, if your premium goes up because a claim (even if it is not your fault but you appear to be a higher risk e.g. you appear prone to have someone else collide with you) and the premium becomes £1500, then your protected no claims bonus stays at 70% and the amount you pay is £450. Without that protection and with a scale reduction of your no claims bonus to, say, 50% you would pay £750.

A bit difficult to explain but I think I have it right. (The numbers, of course, are only for example).

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 11:03:06 AM »
Hi,
Unfortunately due to the well documented reasons all over the press in the last 12 months insurance premiums and insurance premium tax has increased substantially I'm afraid.
Legislation was also bought in to clear up any misunderstanding regarding protected NCD and to exactly what it offers etc. This information should be clearly explained in your policy wording.
Regards,
Dan.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
My Civic insurance with AA (somehow they sneaked auto renewal past me, but I cancelled it) went from £213 last year to £316 this year.  I went back to same local Broker I used for many years and got same cover for £270 including legal cover. I told AA not to re-quote me as it was obvious they tried the normal auto-renew ripoff.  They justified increase by quoting 2% increase in government tax.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 01:53:22 PM »
It's called "fronting"... if you are the main driver you should be the person insured. Car Insurance companies hat fronting with a vengeance and if discovered will void your insurance.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 06:12:31 PM »
as a new Jazz EV CVT owner I was interested when my first annual quote came ,

as previously had just updated the cover from a Yaris to the Jazz,

with breakdown cover,hire car,protected NCB ,the cost is £246,

with One Call insurance,in the past they have done very reasonable renewals,hardly any difference from the
previous year.

not made a claim,so can't comment on how good they are ,but OK so far

Tags: