Author Topic: Looking to buy first ever Jazz  (Read 14311 times)

Jeangenie

• Approved Member
Re: Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2018, 10:08:43 PM »
I am going to get a Jazz Sport for myself as I travel to and from work in Edinburgh. That one is the family car even though it is only used to go to work and the local shops. Bill works out of Glasgow. His company car is due to be replaced after the new year hence the reason he is looking at the Type R. The only fly in the ointment I can see is if he wants me to hang on until he can get the two together then my Fiesta will have to be MOT'd. It should be okay as it is only coming up for 36000 miles and has been serviced by the dealer.

guest4871

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
Don't be afraid to buy through Drivethedeal. The dealer sales and service people don't really speak to each other so if another dealer supplies the car your local dealer will still be very happy to service it for you (and deal with any warranty problems for you). You could save a lot of money. I saved about 15% off list and got the 5 year warranty and 5 year service plan on offer at the time just as though I was buying through the local dealer.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »
I would always avoid the new car deals, take a look at Motorpoint and similar outlets Drive the deal etc.
On the test drive you need to vary the roads min time 30-40 mins. Then bargain hard there are 000's of Jazz around Honda dealers are desperate for sales this month - best time to get a deal done November

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
My husband is the Business Consultant so I just allow him to do the wheeling and dealing. He buys cars after the start of the year but before the change of registration numbers.
For my test drive I drove my daily commute. It was a 50+ mile test drive and on the roads and similar traffic to what it will be used for. Other than using the car for work it is only used to and from the local supermarket. If we go anywhere we always use Bill’s car and share the driving.

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
Good luck with your car.
Whichever Jazz you choose you will grow to love it.
I'm on my third new Jazz and I have a CVT SE.
My first automatic.
No regrets. Still sometimes reach for the gearstick but would not go back to a manual.
I'm a fan of Diamond Bright also.
Like the others say it's a buyers market so negotiate the best deal that you can.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »
I am going to buy a manual Jazz Sport. I am in two minds about going for the Navi option. I don’t need a satellite navigation system as I drive the same roads all the time but having it may improve the resale value when we come to move the car on. Once Bill starts making a deal I’ll see what he comes up with.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »
I am going to buy a manual Jazz Sport. I am in two minds about going for the Navi option. I don’t need a satellite navigation system as I drive the same roads all the time but having it may improve the resale value when we come to move the car on. Once Bill starts making a deal I’ll see what he comes up with.
There's no reason why you shouldn't drive a Jazz for 10 years without problems, by which time the added value of the Satnav will be negligible (and the maps will be out of date!)

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »
I don’t doubt it in the least. I have seen loads of old Hondas going about. My father has a 10 year old VW and when I first started driving my cars were 5 and 6 years old. It is just that my husband replaces the car he has for his business every 3 years and we change my car at the same age. It saves me worrying about MOT tests.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
I don’t doubt it in the least. I have seen loads of old Hondas going about. My father has a 10 year old VW and when I first started driving my cars were 5 and 6 years old. It is just that my husband replaces the car he has for his business every 3 years and we change my car at the same age. It saves me worrying about MOT tests.
I generally change mine every 3 to four years for the same reason. This one might make it to four years simply because Honda haven't yet released an HEV Jazz for the UK market. But 2020 is likely to be the year I change again.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2018, 06:30:13 PM »
Bill phoned Knockhill first thing to see if his drive was still on. Because of the heavy rain they gave him the option of rescheduling but when he explained the situation they said to come up. It wasn’t too wet when he got there and he had a great time. What impressed him most was the level of grip the instructor found when he did a fast lap. Bill reckoned the instructor was faster in the wet than he would have managed in the dry.
His test drive in the afternoon went well though he still had to wait on them getting the Type R out of the showroom. He thought they would at least have had it ready. Outcome is he wants one so I will have to wait until the New Year to get my Jazz. He too decided on a white one which isn’t fair. It will look like we have his and her Hondas. He intends getting the wheels painted red. There is a company here in town that does that. He normally gets the wheels restored before he sells on a car.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2018, 09:05:35 PM »
Husband is adamant that he is going to have a white Civic and I am equally adamant that we are not having white his and her Hondas parked on the drive. I am going to choose another colour. I am just not sure what looks best on the Sport.
I definitely won’t be Silver. I hate Silver cars. My dad had a series of Silver company cars and I thought they looked so tatty. I don’t want Black either. I think a Black car makes a statement I don’t want to make. You can keep Black for the Alpha males.
Currently I am torn between the Grey and the Orange but I am open to suggestions.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
When we called into our local dealer's, back in February. Navigator decided, Sporty Blue Metallic. For our upcoming EX Navi......

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9885.msg57125#msg57125

We still love the colour......  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 08:28:29 AM »
Orange only comes near to orange on a bright sunny day with a clean car. Otherwise it looks Brown. My last Jazz was Orange, it looks good in showroom conditions but not in the real world. Tell your other half that white is a girly colour and a Civic looks best in red.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:32:21 AM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
Orange only comes near to orange on a bright sunny day with a clean car. Otherwise it looks Brown.
I don't agree. I rarely wash mine and even on a day like today it looks orange, just not as bright.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
a Civic looks best in red.  ;D

My first Civic was blue and the boss was adamant that the latest one had to be brilliant sporty blue, who am I to disagree I am only the chauffeur.  ;D

Tags:

anything