Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 15, 2024, 05:26:59 PM »
Just two questions I had before installing it, where did you route the two additional USB ports to? Did you just bring them out by the footwell or cut a notch into the existing USB + 12v ports and bring it out there?

Do you know if the factory USB port by the 12v will support connecting your phone for Carplay / AA if you wire it into the HU using the included adaptor?

I've watched a few install videos and having previously done a sound system upgrade + change HU on another car, I have most of the tools to hand.

There are 3 USB connections on the rear of the Joying. I connected 2 to my Honda loom supplying the 2 onboard USB sockets, the remaining one I ran one of the supplied cables into the glovebox. Neither of the onboard sockets supplied enough power to charge an iPhone 15 Pro and TBH I haven’t used wired CarPlay so can’t help there.
You are only supplied with one cable that connects directly to Honda USB loom,so if you wish to use both onboard sockets you need to order another cable.
« Last post by UKjim on May 15, 2024, 05:20:03 PM »

€3.68 | Car Radio Audio Connector Android Head Unit stereo 4 6 Pin USB Cable Wiring Harness Socket Adapter for Toyota Honda Mazda
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzlV9Uf

Στάλθηκε από το 22101316G μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

That is not of any use with the Joying HU
Not sure whether the modification invalidates your insurance, but walking away from your car leaving the car switched on and running is reckless if you ask me. If the car was stolen during the time you are way from it, your insurance is unlikely to pay up.
« Last post by Pegasakidis on May 15, 2024, 04:29:11 PM »

€3.68 | Car Radio Audio Connector Android Head Unit stereo 4 6 Pin USB Cable Wiring Harness Socket Adapter for Toyota Honda Mazda
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzlV9Uf

« Last post by Pegasakidis on May 15, 2024, 04:24:19 PM »
the one that i just receive it, there is a special adaptor that you can connect to your original usb without cutting anything

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bringing back the GE8 Fuel efficiency
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 15, 2024, 02:19:52 PM »
10.4 km per litre  (9.6 litres per 100 km  - 30 mpg approx)  seems high.   Has it got worse since you have owned the car? 

You could also check your brakes are fully releasing  properly.  They can sometimes  stay partly stuck on due to dirt and corrosion in the moving parts.   
 One way of checking this  is to drive the car  for half a kilometer or so    without using the footbrake at all, if possible, except to gently stop.   The brake parts such as disc, drums should still feel fairly cold.  If one or more of the brakes ,  front or rear , gets noticeably hotter than the others it may be binding.  You may be able to tell it is very hot without touching it but if necessary  wet your finger and very briefly touch  the brake part.  But be careful not to burn yourself. Brakes can get red hot. 

Also  this fuel consumption may be normal if you only do short journeys in heavy city traffic  .
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Going up a size ??
« Last post by Beanbag on May 15, 2024, 11:14:20 AM »
Thanks All,
Does not seem to be any downside. At my age spirited driving is a mere memory, so handling not a problem and may well be improved.
« Last post by jazzyb88 on May 15, 2024, 11:11:29 AM »
Just two questions I had before installing it, where did you route the two additional USB ports to? Did you just bring them out by the footwell or cut a notch into the existing USB + 12v ports and bring it out there?

Do you know if the factory USB port by the 12v will support connecting your phone for Carplay / AA if you wire it into the HU using the included adaptor?

I've watched a few install videos and having previously done a sound system upgrade + change HU on another car, I have most of the tools to hand.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Battery fan loud at speed over 60 km/h
« Last post by bearer on May 15, 2024, 11:01:34 AM »
Thank you for checking. It seems that the fan works fine. I noticed that how much the fan sound is heard strongly depends on the driver and passenger seat settings. In some settings the sound is more or less pronounced. I did not find anything in the air outlet. The fan speed increases with speed, when driving up to 50-60 kmh it is basically inaudible.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by GBH on May 15, 2024, 07:27:12 AM »
Glad you got it sorted. Would not have thought to look at the other end of the car.

I suppose that is the price you pay to cover the cost of the expensive tools that are necessary these days. It is this that is putting me off getting an EV. One of my sons has a fairly new (to me) Volvo that has stop/start and what looks like an iPad in the centre of the dash which includes all-round cameras for parking. It recently cost him over £700 for the dealer to supply and fit two new batteries!  His car isn't even a hybrid - just a diesel with stop/start. He probably could have bought two batteries from Halfords for a fraction of the price but he didn't know if they needed matching to the car or not as there was no clear answer to say if it was needed. At least he got a 12 month guarantee with them so if there is a problem the garage will replace them FOC.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything