Author Topic: Shock! Horror! Auto Express mostly like a Honda Civic Tourer.  (Read 3125 times)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Shock! Horror! Auto Express mostly like a Honda Civic Tourer.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
He seems to like it for what it does.  It is primarily a town car and for that purpose it is 100%.  Honda do their homework thoroughly before introducing a new model
If music be the food of love, play on

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
To describe the Tourer as a 'town' car is a bit mean - people describe the Jazz as a 'town car' when what they really want to say is that they don't think it is capable of being let out onto main roads and motorways on its own, or as being capable of long distances when most ClubJazz posters think otherwise.  He did say that the 1.6 i-DTEC Tourer had ample power even fully loaded and that the only thing was the lumbar support on the seat was not ideal (for him). One thing Honda cars always are is practical - even the S2000 has a reasonable boot - unlike a lot of sports cars.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »
The Americans have a Lincoln Town Car.  It is just a name, but is one of the best selling cars US Ford have made.  I also would not risk it on unpaved roads, the perimeter frame chassis is not known for robustness
If music be the food of love, play on

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »
When I was growing up in England people in the country had 'Estate' cars (the clue is in the name)  to carry their hunting, shooting,  fishing gear and dogs in the back.  People in towns had sedans or saloon cars.............
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: