Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Low speed EV noise is quite loud.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:20:32 AM »
Nostalgia . free school milk in 1/3 pint (190ml)bottles.   (And school dinners with pink sponge and pink custard. All the E numbers you could ever need)   IIRC dairies also used the bottles to sell orange juice but I dont know if it was the real stuff, or just more E numbers.   My family managed to avoid scurvy without new fangled fresh orange juice  :P

But I wouldn't describe the noise as the same as a milk float.  Its more like an deliberate ultrasonic noise  ,which the car switches off when it reaches a certain speed above which pedestrians presumably dont have time to jump out of the way.  Maybe some people are more sensitive to that sound frequency. 
Car Care & Detailing / Re: What is a good/best sticker remover solution?
« Last post by Beanbag on Today at 11:09:44 AM »
Burnt in his Kitchen, very painful   :)
Ha yes and glass milk bottles …recycled for years …. Luckliy now the supermarkets will deliver in vans your milk in nice plastic tubs  we wash and put out in our recycle wheelie bin. And yes some of those vans are now electric …….  Hmm
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Accelerator issue when first start
« Last post by GBH on Today at 07:35:39 AM »
Can you clarify by what you mean by "no power"?

Is the problem that the engine does not rev or when the engine revs the car does not move?

Also, when was the car last serviced and do you know if the transmission fluid has been renewed?

If you can give us an idea of current mileage that may help.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Low speed EV noise is quite loud.
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 07:26:00 AM »
It took me awhile to remember what the sound reminded me of. Then, it suddenly clicked...

It was just the same whirring hum that milk-floats used to make around 6am on a school day.
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 06:43:29 AM »
I've always found meths to be the best with stickers on glass

Every time my old Hillman Hunter went in for service they put a rear inside window sticker on, even though I told them not to
« Last post by csp on Today at 06:21:33 AM »
I agree getting the sticker off as soon as possible after it is applied is the best way, removing dealer rear window stickers is one of the first thins I do when I get a new car.

I find Surgical Spirit on tissue good for removing glue residue from glass or most plastic surfaces. Try on a hidden area of plastic surfaces first though.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Accelerator issue when first start
« Last post by Sammi27 on May 25, 2024, 11:41:26 PM »
HI, I bought a Honda Jazz 2004. First car. Great car BUT when it first starts the accelerator doesn't work?. I have to start the car, wait a few minutes then the accelerator will give me speed. If I don't wait a couple of mins then I can pump the accelerator and the car won't move. No power in the accelerator?? Once it's going then its fine but it passed its Mot etc. Honestly getting annoying sitting in the car for 2/3mins before it goes.  It's automatic,, I dare not drive long distances at present
To start right, my first ever own car was a Honda Civic 1.5 GL from 1987.
Than i read about a Civic coupé, saw pictures, and decided i want one.
So my second car became a 1996 coupé DXI. Again a 1.5 engine, but this time an injection 16 valve.
After be 9 years with the coupé, i bought my first Volkswagen. Belief it or not, i liked that car.
But i became homesick, a Honda fan as i am, can simply not without a Honda, so i swap my Volkswagen for a Civic i-Dtec 2.2 which was for sale at the Dutch flagship Honda store in The Netherlands.
A very strong car which i call lovely my Type D after the famous petrol brother Type R and the softer Type S.
This was in every aspect a problem free driver. Never one failure in 9 years ownership.
Tires ran a huge milage.
Maybe one con was the painful change of light bulbs, which i must build off some engine parts to reach the headlight units. But the bulbs had a lifespan around of 7 years, so it was not a daily task.
When my Jazz came, i was very happy to notice it have the headlights i wanted, led lights.

Almost forget to name other Honda cars on my adres, the 2 Civics my mom owned.
Honda counter: 6.

One of my earlier Honda’s.
The first i bought.
Gallery / Re: New Jazz to add to my Civic…
« Last post by BaumaticA on May 25, 2024, 10:48:16 PM »
How far you are now with the project?

When i bought my first Jazz recently, i thought it would be perfect to look for a S2000 next to my Jazz.
It is no problem if i take a tuned one, but a non tuned S2000 is also ok.
Color? Yellow or beige would look cool.  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10