Author Topic: ANOTHER gearbox noise question (Sorry!) - Clicking?  (Read 1206 times)

guest7205

ANOTHER gearbox noise question (Sorry!) - Clicking?
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:51:18 PM »
Evenin' all.

Sorry to be that guy who contributes nothing to the forum until I need something, but I've been happily lurking for 6 months and just haven't had anything useful to say. :S

My 04 1.4 manual Jazz (136k) has what I'd say is a gearbox noise in 1st and 2nd, it's intermittent, but does it more often than it doesn't. It's *definitely* not the standard whine, as I've driven a civic with that issue and you can feel it through the whole car and it's a clear whining noise, my car is somewhere between a rattle and a click, noticeable in 1st and second but not beyond. I'd say it's more like this:  https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10022.0  than the standard whine, but more clicky and definitely doesn't do it in neutral clutch up or down. It ONLY does it when accelerating in 1st and second, never coasting or any other time. The video in the link is about right for the timing, IE the regularity of the clicks. (If that makes sense?) It's not made worse by turning left or right, does it in a straight line exactly the same so I don't think it's a wheel bearing or CV joint. I'll try and get video with sound of it, but any suggestions? If it would do it in neutral I'd say it's def the gearbox, but it just doesn't, and I'm hoping it's something else cheap and easy to do myself!

guest7205

• Topic Starter
Re: ANOTHER gearbox noise question (Sorry!) - Clicking?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »
Ok, managed to get a video. It sounds less clicky than it did in my head. After this it stopped doing it for about 20 minutes, now it's doing it again. :S

Tags:

anything