Author Topic: Email from "Honda" promising the earth to swap to a new model  (Read 4464 times)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Anyone else get the above - it's in the Honda area managers name but actually sent by our local dealership?

Like the million other emails we get from them it says we've been specially selected for all sorts of incentives to swap to a new Honda before 31st March.  Sounds like they're really struggling.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Email from "Honda" promising the earth to swap to a new model
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »
I got an email asking me to contact the Sales Dept with a personal code for the special deal.

What were they offering you?

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »
• Exceptional Savings on the Honda UK list price
• Complimentary Servicing on selected models
• Enhanced support to finance your deposit and monthly payments

Never say never, but I can't see us staying with Honda going forwards.  We've already swapped one car to another brand.  The local dealership doesn't help matters either.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »
They are chasing the sales targets, in NW they are offering to show the at cost invoice + £1 -again.
Why buy new these days?

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »
They are chasing the sales targets, in NW they are offering to show the at cost invoice + £1 -again.

It should be illegal to say they're doing that.  Dealers get all kinds of support, bonuses etc, behind the scenes.   I refuse to believe that my local 'glass palace' dealership isn't getting a LOT of support from Honda - the place is always deserted and there's no way the business makes sense in any normal way.

Why buy new these days?

I'd say to keep an open mind.  Car factories either need to work to full capacity or be shut down, so when they're working those cars have to be sold.  Often there will be hefty discounts and (especially if buying on finance) subsidised interest rates and maybe a deposit allowance.  Add in free servicing and maybe extended warranty and it might make more sense to buy new than used.

I don't normally bother with finance but on our 2014 Jazz we got 0% APR and a £500 depositi contribution.  Salesman told us all manufacturers like to get people onto PCP as it's easier to move them onto their next new car then.   We also got 5yr service and warranty and a chunky discount. 

However I still didn't feel we got a great deal.  I was buying the car for one of my daughters, if it had been for me or wife I think I'd have walked away.   Indeed we later changed wife's Jazz and went for a VW instead - another brand where new was certainly cheaper than nearly-new.

guest5079

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »
I think you are all very fortunate to get these special Emails. I never get them, perhaps it's because I told Honda what I thought of them and their dealer.

The sad thing is I think my Jazz is the bees knees

As to PCP's is it not that which has collapsed the S/H car market, which of course manufacturers are not the last concerned about.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 10:23:38 AM »
On the finance thing there is concern that the rapid turnover of cars facilitated by easy PCP terms is indeed, as auntyneddy says, depressing the used car market. Some financial "experts" have likened the PCP trend to a sub prime situation. There are increasing numbers of people with negative equity in their cars!

I took out £5,000 finance on my latest car. I haven't done this for many years but the incentive was that you get a service plan covering 2 services if you keep the loan for at least 4 repayments. Once the plan has arrived, you can settle the finance in full. I had to go away and think about this one but it ended up as the services being worth around £500 and the charges if I settle early (which I will do) amounting to £225.

So it can be worth being flexible. I just need to remember to settle the finance once I've got the service plan.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 08:32:12 PM »
My local Honda dealer sent me an email offering a £1000 loyalty reward on a Jazz, or a £750 deposit contribution, a £750 test drive incentive and £1000 loyalty reward on a Civic. 10 new car sales needed by the end of March.

That I haven't visited the dealer in 3.5 years except for recall work and that I didn't buy my Jazz from them is immaterial!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
a £750 test drive incentive

What's that? ???

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member

What's that? ???
Extra discount if you take a test drive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »

What's that? ???
Extra discount if you take a test drive.

Would you buy a car without a test drive?  ;)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 07:04:39 PM »
It's just another psychological tactic.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »
I change cars when I want to , not when some salesperson tries to persuade me to do so. They would have to offer me at least 20% off list to persuade me to be interested.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 03:13:05 PM »
I change cars when I want to , not when some salesperson tries to persuade me to do so. They would have to offer me at least 20% off list to persuade me to be interested.

Check out, New Car Discount....... https://www.new-car-discount.com/

I think, you will be pleasantly surprised!  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest4871

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »

Check out, New Car Discount....... https://www.new-car-discount.com/

I think, you will be pleasantly surprised!  ;)

Just be careful here. I am sure all this is covered OK but better to be safe than sorry..........

1. You seem to be paying New Car Discount.

2. Some of their best deals are on pre reg cars.

https://www.drivethedeal.com/Pre-Registered-Cars.aspx

Tags: