Author Topic: 2018 Honda Fit With a New Sport Trim, HFP Package & Standard Sensing  (Read 13023 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:56:31 PM by RichardA »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: 2018 Honda Fit With a New Sport Trim, HFP Package & Standard Sensing
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »
Not exactly a UK spec model, the steering wheel is on the wrong side.  :-)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
Even more electronic gizmos to go wrong. Have Honda sorted out the ones that we already have yet?
No mention of the performance options.

Vic.

guest1372

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »
Plus a write up via CarAndDriver.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-honda-fit-first-drive-review
128 photos: http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2018-honda-fit-first-drive-review-gallery#T1

Note this is a 1.5 I4 made in a US factory to US specifications.  My favourite feature is "road-departure mitigtion" !

Another big deal for the segment is the availability of the Honda Sensing driver aids, which include not just forward-collision warning, automated emergency braking, and lane-keeping assist, but also road-departure mitigation and adaptive cruise control.
--
TG

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:30 PM »
The only things there that we don't have is the 1.5 engine and adaptive cruise control.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:07:21 PM »
Also looks like they've moved all the sensors out of the windscreen pod into a housing behind the front grille. So presumably these are now sensors that don't need to be swept by the wipers any more.

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
Sadly 'road departure mitigation' is less bizzare than I had imagined....

"RDM is designed to alert and assist the driver if the vehicle is about to unexpectedly leave the road. The system will apply strong steering correction and braking force to help stop the vehicle before a serious accident occurs.  If the system determines that its steering input is insufficient to keep the vehicle on the road, it may also apply braking force. Braking is applied only when the lane markings are solid continuous lines. The system cancels assist operations when the driver turns the wheel."

Welcome features are the Apple Carplay / Android Auto integration that should mean less fumbling with smartphones; the digital dash elements look like a welcome enhancement but the US Honda range has tended to have improved infotainment systems compared to the European offering for several years.

--
TG

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
Information about what Europe will get for 2018 Jazz facelift.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/jazz/100443/honda-jazz-facelifted-for-2018-with-styling-tweaks
No sign of the 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo but instead a 1.5 litre engine borrowed from the HR-V which will make the Jazz less in need of revs to get moving than the current engine.

At least Honda has the sense to retain physical controls for controlling the heating.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 10:33:10 AM »
instead a 1.5 litre engine borrowed from the HR-V

The HR/V engine in a Jazz will be interesting. Seriously considering a move back to the Jazz from my HR/V. I am really enjoying driving my son's 2005 GD around at the moment and for all local journeys it is first choice.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
In deciding not to use the 3 cylinder turbo, Honda may be reacting to the new real world emissions testing regime in Europe.  Re styling, the back view is a distinct improvement in my view.  I've never understood the need for the large vent in the rear bumper of the present model

http://www.caradvice.com.au/490266/european-car-makers-to-upsize-engines-to-meet-real-world-emissions-tests-report/?source=plistas
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:36:08 AM by Downsizer »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
I wonder how much reduction in retail price will emerge for these improved models?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
In deciding not to use the 3 cylinder turbo, Honda may be reacting to the new real world emissions testing regime in Europe.  Re styling, the back view is a distinct improvement in my view.  I've never understood the need for the large vent in the rear bumper of the present model.
For me, an attraction of the smaller engine is that it will warm up faster. My HR-V seems to take at least 5 miles (more in winter) for the instantaneous mpg to get where it shoud be. Will any of the new tests replicate the cold engine, cold weather, short journey condition? This could provide manufacturers motivation to improve engine warm-up (thermostatic louvres in front of the radiator to minimise cold air entering the engine compartment is probably the easiest).

I agree that those "vents" on the back of the Mk 3 are ugly. They are actually solid and serve no function. I would stick some extra reflectors there.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »
Radiator blanking devices were superseded by thermostats decades ago, the radiator is not used until the engine is hot. The thermostat (radiator) only opens and starts cooling when the heater can no longer provide adequate cooling.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:16:40 PM by Deeps »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »
I thought that the report said that the existing engine would be used in the UK ?

Vic.

Tags: videos jazz