Author Topic: Brightly coloured cars add more than Jazz  (Read 11026 times)

guest4755

Brightly coloured cars add more than Jazz
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »

- Latest Honda colours brighten your life, but bold shades add more than flair
- Orange and yellow cars are among the safest on the road
- Bright cars statistically less likely to be in an accident
- Strong hues also give moods a lift, especially in Winter

Brightly coloured cars add more than Jazz

Source: All Press Releases

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Brightly coloured cars add more than Jazz
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:03:55 AM »
When I bought my Mk3 last June it had to be in a hurry because my Mk2 had died terminally suddenly, so there was no time to agonise over colours. The Honda dealer had a yellow one in stock. I would never in a 100 years have seen myself choosing a bright yellow car given a free choice. I have always had grey, black, silver or dark colours.

But my wife and I were taken with the idea of surprising our children and grandchildren and stepping out of character, so we plumped for the yellow, half expecting I would tire of it quickly.

Nearly eight months later, I like the colour even more than I did when I bought it. I love stepping out of the supermarket and surveying acres of cars and being able to see mine instantly, and from observing other yellow cars the extra visibility in these dark winter days is undeniable.

However I would have to concede it doesn't wear the winter dirt well!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:27:46 AM »
Honda must have realised that it was a good move to include a couple of bright colours in the Jazz colour choice.

I had an orange Mk 3. I wanted the colour having seen it on both Mk 2 and Mk 3 Jazzes in New Zealand. It's easy to find in a car park and does a very good job of wearing the winter dirt. Previously I had a green hybrid which was also easy to find in a car park.

I've now got a boring blue HR-V (which shows the dirt badly) and have to take more car in remembering where I parked it. Honda failed to include an interesting colours in the HR-V options.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:18:31 PM »
Nearly eight months later, I like the colour even more than I did when I bought it. I love stepping out of the supermarket and surveying acres of cars and being able to see mine instantly, and from observing other yellow cars the extra visibility in these dark winter days is undeniable.

However I would have to concede it doesn't wear the winter dirt well!
I have the same feeling for my orange Jazz and although you can see the dirt if you look closely from a distance it's just toned it down a little. I was very pleased that Honda extended the available base colour range this time around.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »
An unimportant comment relating to the bright colour of my car, is that when I got it the rear towing hook was also painted bright yellow, making it highly visible against the dark underneath of the car.

The towing hook is not a thing of beauty, and is not difficult to find so I painted it black and improved the appearance of the car.

This seems to me like a surprising lack of attention to detail by Honda.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »
I've always played it safe with colours but, every now and then, I fancy stepping outside my comfort zone. I do like the yellow. My wife hates it.

guest6764

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
Good on Honda.
My wife & I are thrilled with her used pearlescent white Jazz with black glass roof, always garaged & judging by examining the underside it must have only been driven in dry conditions.
How depressing them when wanting to replace my Mercedes SLK the choice is wall to wall dreary tarmac greys, silvers that all look the same, a dark blue that reminds me of granddads varicose veins & surprise surprise black. 
Still wish I'd bought a yellow S2000 instead of black but 'management' (the wife) thought I was too old - doh! 

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
My previous car was a Panama Yellow Volvo S40. My wife saw it, thought it looked great, and insisted I went and tried it out. No pressure there then! I ended up loving it, and it was always easy to find in a car park.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:44:50 AM by Jocko »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:09:10 AM »
Maybe the bright colours are an attempt by Honda to appeal to a younger demographic, and try to shed the image of the Jazz as an "old persons car". Never quite understood that myself, but that does seem to be a common perception in the UK.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
Ambulances and police cars are presumably yellow for greater visibility.  Men who are red/green colourblind, which is quite common, can easily pick out yellow.  I just don't fancy driving a yellow car!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 10:48:43 AM »
I've decided. Next car I get I'm going garish. I wouldn't even rule out yellow or that acidy green colour I've seen the odd Honda in.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
I saw one last weekend that was a sort of copper/brown and had the logo 'All that Jazz' with some musical notes along its side. It didn't look like a demonstrator or dealer car as it was relatively tasteful.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »
I am pleased that I specified Sunset Orange (Brown) for my Jazz as opposed to the Tinted Silver (Grey) that I also considered.

I would like the Orange to be Nuclear Armageddon rather than Dying Sunset.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:35:25 PM by Deeps »

Tags: news jazz