Author Topic: One years since replacing the Jazz  (Read 2591 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
One years since replacing the Jazz
« on: December 22, 2023, 02:25:34 PM »
Well, that is a year gone by since acquiring my Skoda Fabia and sadly parting with the Jazz. I have not done a lot of miles in that time (1467) but have grown to like it. A lot.
How does it compare with the Jazz? Well, I think, in most things, it wins hands down. It is quieter, more comfortable and more refined, however, it is three years newer than the Jazz was, is the top-of-the-range Elegance, against the bottom of the range S, and with only half the miles on the clock that the Jazz had when I swapped over. What it cannot compete with is the fuel consumption figures for the Jazz. I didn’t expect the numbers I averaged with the Jazz, as my usage has changed dramatically, but the figures I have gotten around town and on the occasional longer trip fall well short of the numbers the Jazz returned. In its defence, it is a 1.4 16v against the 1.2 8v. The engine is nowhere near as refined as the Honda engine but it does do well from low revs which was something I liked about the DSi engine.
I had to replace a broken rear spring for this year’s MOT (parts, labour and VAT at my local garage - £70) and I replaced both front tyres which still had 6 mm of tread but were starting to craze with age. Do I miss the Jazz? Yes and no. But I do miss the ClubJazz forum!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: One years since replacing the Jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 03:07:01 PM »
But I do miss the ClubJazz forum!

The feeling is mutual. I barely even have a Jazz now (son is using it and trashing it as a tiler's van, soon to be scrapped I fear), but I still like to stick around. There's a strong chance I might swap my RAV4 for a Jazz in 2024. Nice to hear from you @Jocko

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: One years since replacing the Jazz
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 05:44:18 PM »
Nice to hear from you Jocko - I am sure I speak for everyone when I say your contributions are always welcome and it's always interesting to see a real life comparison between 2 cars.

All the best to you and yours for Christmas and New Year.

Tags: