Author Topic: What servicing is due at 40K  (Read 1386 times)

Bonobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
What servicing is due at 40K
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »
The dashboard started to show that service is due at 40k on the clock. Called a dealer and have been told it's a 35 point check for £165+vat. I checked that changing CVT fluid is not included. Knowing far too well about the value for money of official dealers I suspect there must be a way to achieve the same for much less. So what exactly is included into this 35 point check?

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
Re: What servicing is due at 40K
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »
Well, you book it in and it gets left in a corner for an hour or so, then someone looks under bonnet and checks oil and water, another guy kicks the tyres, then it goes back in the corner for another hour or so. They then call you to pick it up, you think they have done allsorts as its been in a while.
They then screw you for a fortune.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
And they send you a video with the bonnet open!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 03:05:40 PM »
At my local Honda dealership, they send you a picture of it up on a ramp!

They usually do change the oil (overfilling more often than not) but difficult to tell what else they do. I do remember changing the air filter on my first Mk2 and very dirty it was too.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »
They will say your shocks are leaking and need replacing...I then check them myself and there were no leaks!

My neighbor did a service last month on her Jazz. She had only covered 1500 miles in 12 MTHS. If I was the dealer, I would have said let's do the MOT and leave the service till next year or unless she insisted...but guessed what, they charged her £165! Not professional.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
In the above situation - 1500 miles per annum - I think I'd still want an oil change particularly if the mileage had consisted of lots of short journeys.

Going back a bit, I used a Honda dealership in Ashton Under Lyne a few years ago. Family firm now, sadly, no more. They would, on low mileage vehicles, do 2 short services consecutively on used cars to lower costs. On new warranty considerations prevented this.

I thought this was a practical approach - the car still got an oil and filter change but not all the other jobs like air filters and the like. I think a lot of long term owners will follow a similar regime if the car is long out of warranty.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
Definitely, Peteo48. Only do between 2k & max 5k miles per year, but there are a few journeys much longer than just popping to supermarket.

Anyway, at local independent garage will do 1 full service 1 year and then interim service year after along with MOT. Know only had car now coming up 3 years but have always gone by this. Has never done the car any damage, knowingly!

Tags: