Author Topic: Hello Club Members  (Read 4098 times)

guest3381

Hello Club Members
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm new to the Jazz.  Believe it or not I changed from a Jaguar X-Type 2.2 diesel estate to a Jazz GE 1.4 ES i-shift so both my wife and daughter can drive the family car - my wife wouldn't touch the 6 speed manual on the Jag and I couldn't insure my daughter for it.

I have to say I am impressed by the space inside the "Tardis" Jazz - doesn't seem massively smaller than the Jag despite being over 2'6" shorter.  Unlike many other club members, I actually quite like the i-shift.  It can be a little notchy in full auto but I've found changing up in manual using the paddle and just lifting the accelerator slightly during the shift (as you would on a manual box) results in a very smooth change up.  I generally let the box change down automatically.

With very mixed driving I have managed just under 53mpg, which I think is remarkable for a petrol automatic.

Despite missing the power of the Jag I'm comforted in knowing I have the legendary Honda reliability along with 3 years Honda backed warranty.   I think the risk on a  Jazz that has covered only 6.7k miles will be a little lower than the Jag with 76k miles on the clock.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hello Club Members
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:27:53 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

Glad you and your family are enjoying the Jazz

guest3161

• Topic Starter
Hello Club Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
Welcome along buddy.

guest3377

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »
Welcome aboard arcam! Likewise, I liked Honda Jazz due being a fuel efficient car and got a lot boot capacity.

guest3403

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »
Hi. Just bought a new Jazz EX CVT (well we are picking it up from the dealer tomorrow). Can't wait

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:37:28 AM »
Welcome

Tags: