Poll

If your Jazz suffers from CVT judder, please tells us what year the car was registered

11 (5.9%)
35 (18.9%)
25 (13.5%)
32 (17.3%)
35 (18.9%)
22 (11.9%)
25 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Mk1 CVT judder  (Read 257181 times)

guest1268

Re: Mk1 CVT judder
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »
I have to say thank you to this post, and a friend who pointed me to this forum.

My mother has a '04' plate CVT, and since it was in for a recall for the electric window seal, I insisted the service technician should have a look into the CVT oil problem.  He assured me that there was no recall for any CVT problems for my car, but I told him that there is a problem when pulling off, there's a slight judder.  He told me to hang on for a minute, then came back with some more info.  He agreed to flush and change the transmission oil, and that the CVT warranty would be extended to 7 years from Honda.

Got the car back on Friday, and no more judder - RESULT!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
Bump.

Please vote in the poll at the start of this topic if your Jazz has suffered from this problem. Thanks.

guest1405

• Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
Hi everyone

I own a 2007 Jazz 1.5 CVT in South Africa. The car has covered 75 000km. Only recently noticed the 'judder' and had it checked at the recent 75 000km service. They replaced the CVT fluid (looks like part no: 0826099904HE) for £57 at current exchange rate. They also charged labour about £11. There has been an improvement and the judder is gone. The car is still under service plan up to 90 000km, but they did not want to give the fluid/labour FOC, as the fluid is only to be replaced at 120 000km according to service personnel. They did replace the master switch for the power windows under general recall and warranty for these models, to prevent the spontaneous short circuit in the unit that could lead to electrical fire. (A minor child burned to death in a Jazz here in SA. Very sad story indeed. Honda denied any responsibility, but very soon after the incident, this recall was advised.) Please have the power window unit checked out and replaced.

I also read about the Honda service bulletin HUK000000001117 at www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=61900 . It also mentions a warranty extension applied to it by Honda giving 7yrs or 100k whichever comes first, ALL cvt jazz`s with chassis build code GD1 from 02,03,04,05,06 are included in this extended warranty. Mine is GD3. My interweb research on this topic has now made me scared. The CVT problems have not been publicized so much here in South Africa.

My question is this: Is only the GD1 covered by this extended warranty, or all models?
Also what is the best way to approach this problem, should it return? Could I possibly have a claim to force Honda to pay costs for subsequent fluid changes or worse, the replacement of the gearbox? (Wish I could get my hands on this service bulletin HUK000000001117)

I have decided to sell my Honda Jazz. Just want to pass the info on to the new buyer. (And yes, I am going to miss my Jazz. Still a great car.)

Thanks for a great site.
Will

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 08:38:48 PM »
Hi Will and thanks for the compliment on the site. :)

The service bulletins maybe country-specific.

I think the only Jazz models avaliable here in the UK with CVT are GD1's (1.4 i-DSi engine). The 1.2 i-DSi (GD5?) is only avaliable with manual transmission and the 1.5 was never sold here.

fisherman

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »
I bought a japanese import FIT 1.4 gd1, auto,  it was registered in this country in 03 this has ATF on the dipstick, the gearbox is a straight forward stick shift i.e no flappy paddles, with P.R.N.D.S.L.  and are now experiencing a slight shudder on take off. The fluid is a light red in colour nowhere near as red as normal automatic fluid. I have tried to do a recall check using the vin number on the landing pad plate but it comes back as being invalid, will such a vehicle be valid in the UK??

fisherman

• Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »
I bought a japanese import FIT 1.4 gd1, auto,  it was registered in this country in 03 this has ATF on the dipstick, the gearbox is a straight forward stick shift i.e no flappy paddles, with P.R.N.D.S.L.  and are now experiencing a slight shudder on take off. The fluid is a light red in colour nowhere near as red as normal automatic fluid. I have tried to do a recall check using the vin number on the landing pad plate but it comes back as being invalid, will such a vehicle be valid in the UK??
No ideas on this querie??

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Try phoning Honda UK.

guest1411

• Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
All:

Took delivery of my 06 plate Honda Jazz from Scarborough Honda this morning - drove back all the way to London and in the slow moving traffic of London I can clearly notice the Judder issue.

As this is a 'Approved' honda - I am keen to raise an issue but would like to know what the possible solutions are and is the CVT transmission fluid problem or the EGR value issue i.e. how to differenciate between the two?

Also, any advice on raising a issue with Honda Happiness?

Clearly, pissed off with the dealer as my car was not even waxed before the delivery while they were very keen on ensuring I don't test drive before buying the tax disc...

Cheers,
Suhas

guest1411

• Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
I reckon Honda UK contact details should also be listed on this query as many would find it useful and handy!

guest1411

• Topic Starter
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »
On the other 'Merged' thread I have read Peter had the problem solved by replacing a starter motor. I will be calling my dealiership on Monday but it is a rather long 250 mile trek to get there :'( :'( :'(

fisherman

• Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
Try phoning Honda UK.

sent email to Honda uk this was thier reply

Dear Mr Hamer

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

Our website will only recognise UK products, with this in mind your imported Honda Fit will not be recognised.
Your local Honda dealership may be able to assist you further. with regards to any outstanding recalls once your vehicle has been logged onto our database.

Please contact your local dealer for assistance.

Brayley Honda
660 Great Cambridge Road
Enfield
Middlesex
EN1 3WX
020 8363 8000

If you have any further questions or feedback, please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda UK Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000, Option 2.

Kind regards

Stephen

Honda UK Contact Centre

Who do you ask when you want an honest opinion? We turn to the people who know us best. Honda owners.
It's why we've created Honda Friends, a club exclusively for Honda owners. And we'd be very happy if you'd join
From time to time you'll be sent short surveys, by email or post, where you can tell us your opinions so we can keep improving the things we do. You'll be invited to complete a short survey at least once a year, but no more than once a month.

To sign up, visit http://www.hondafriends.co.uk/

guest1411

• Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 02:19:45 PM »
Guys and Dolls!!

Any advice on my issue? Currently, have the car with the Honda dealership in London and am waiting for the call to say it is 'fixed'

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
Hi Jaazy_H1 :)

Having never experienced the EGR valve problem (and owning a manual car) and can't comment on the cause.

What are the terms with the approved warranty cover? Can you have warranty issues dealt with by any Honda dealer in the country under the approved scheme? If so I see no problem with getting it fixed and so should let the London dealer sort it out.

Otherwise the ball is in the court of the suppling dealer. If you do have to take it all the way to Scarborough then you need to clarify beforehand they will sort the problem out free of charge. It sounds like the problem existed before you bought the car.

Can anyone clarify - is the warranty cover extended for the EGR valve and CVT issues as Honda have with the rear wheel bearings?

guest1328

• Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Honda Customer Service  - 01753 590760

Worked for me.

Have a good complain but stay polite.

guest1411

• Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2010, 12:04:33 AM »
Thanks Chap - here is an update! Provided Scarborough guys with all the links and the evidence (bargained hard) and they agreed to reimburse the cost of getting this done @ London garage. Still wait for my cheque but I am sure I will be paid.

Honda is happy to extend the warranty tp 7 years on all CVT gearboxes but the terms of extended warranty does not include inspection charges and is valid nationwide. So I am a bit relaxed.

What is the problem with rear wheel bearing and how can I spot the problem with the EGR value?

My grearbox stick seems a bit hard moving from 'Parking' to 'Reverse' - does it indicate any known issue of just the continued manifestation of the CVT grearbox issue? The other day I had to use the SHIFT Lock mechanism to release it from 'Parking' - the manual only says get the car inspected by a Garage, so I will be placing a call Monday but before that I need to understand what this implies.

Thanks again for your replies.. awaiting more

Cheers,
Suhas

Tags: