Author Topic: Centre console  (Read 5443 times)

weeleyboy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz 1.4CVT EX
Centre console
« on: February 19, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
The one disappointment I've had with my 2013 Jazz EX is the lack of a centre console and I thought I had solved the problem when I bought an aftermarket fitting from here  https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Car-Storage-Box-Center-Centre-Console-Leather-Dual-Layer-Armrest-Cup-Holder-For-Honda-Jazz-Fit/1262027_32836333273.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.7d3d18e12voIQV  Just copy the whole link and paste it into your browser.
Whilst I could fit the base holder ok, when I came to put the console on to it I couldn't because of the driver's fold down arm rest stops it sliding into place. The irony is that prior to trying to install the console I hadn't even noticed the arm being there. I looked to see if the arm rest could be easily removed as I had never used it but couldn't see any way to do so.
I queried this with the supplier and suggested they hadn't tried it with all models and should refund me but without any luck - they suggested mine was a special model! I pointed out that EX is a standard spec but no joy. So if anyone would like one of these I'm happy to sell it on or failing that is there an easy way to remove the folding armrest. It is well made and fits without any screw holes and if I could use it I would happily keep it.
Derek

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Re: Centre console
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »
Is the center armrest a sliding one? I am interested to buy it from you, but it has to be shipped to the Netherlands and i’m afraid it will be more expensive than when i buy from Alie. ;)

But i think the folding armrest on you chair can be removed. Here a link to a youtube video to install one on a Fit. Maybe it can help you to get it off.
[/url]

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »
You could try this link
http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html
If you scroll down the list to "Body" then "Seats" then "Front Seats" the second item down on the right hand side says "Armrest Replacement"
Sorry if that's a bit long-winded, but I was unable to copy the direct link to the item.

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »
Hi guys thanks for your help - I've been out and checked the arm rest and there is a plastic cover on the pivot point  so it looks to be a fairly simple job to remove it. Sale offer suspended until I check it out!

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
Hi, Well the arm rest came off easily enough and allowed the centre console to slide into place as it is supposed to. I did wonder how to cover the hole where the arm rest was mounted but luckily the console covers this up.
Problem solved thanks guys.

guest5715

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
Can you upload a photo of it in place?

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:07:17 PM »
Will try and do tomorrow sometime Danno

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 09:53:57 PM »
Hi, Well the arm rest came off easily enough and allowed the centre console to slide into place as it is supposed to. I did wonder how to cover the hole where the arm rest was mounted but luckily the console covers this up.
Problem solved thanks guys.
Well done!
To cover the hole i am certain there’s an other plastic, like on your other front seat. You can try Lings Honda parts or a scrap yard.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
Is the center armrest a sliding one? I am interested to buy it from you, but it has to be shipped to the Netherlands and i’m afraid it will be more expensive than when i buy from Alie. ;)

But i think the folding armrest on you chair can be removed. Here a link to a youtube video to install one on a Fit. Maybe it can help you to get it off.
[/url]

Probably get it on ebay, not sure if it'll be cheaper: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Layer-Centre-Console-Armrest-Fit-For-2008-2013-Honda-Jazz-Storage-Box-Tray/162722856720?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz&hash=item25e309bf10:m:mXwZzgv9p2GBbtATOE2OrOQ

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »
Hi not having much luck attaching pictures - here's another  try
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:22:18 PM by weeleyboy »

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »
Still can't get more than  pic at a time on - if you want more email me  djnewman.44@btinternet.com and I'll email them to you

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
Hi John and WeeleeBoy, Hope you got your armrest prob sorted and could you answer me a simple question, if have read posts correctly!

The armrest in post 10 together with link to ebay 'Dual Layer Centre Console Armrest Fit For 2008-2013 Honda Jazz Storage Box Tray' priced at £34.95, is this the 1 you have fitted in your car, and if so, is it a tight fit and stable, or does it wobble/any play in armrest? (I can see from the ebay link as per post 10 that this armrest has, on the underneath, 2 parts that act as 'plugs' into the 2 'sockets' (rear cup holder and other pocket' and am hoping that it is a tight fit).

Many thanks for help and any further advice.

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 09:31:06 PM »
Hi Spencer, yes all fitted and firmly in place no wobbles at all. The lift up top has 2 sections, one very shallow, ideal for papers/cards etc and the lower section is deeper. Hope this helps.

TopDown

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:06 AM »
Do you find it gets in the way at all in general driving, or when applying the handbrake or changing gear?

weeleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 11:05:26 AM »
I've not found a problem although gear changes done by my friend CVT! Can be a bit tight fastening seat belt at first but soon got used to it.

Tags: