Author Topic: heater output poor  (Read 1220 times)

waverunner

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
heater output poor
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »
My heater output is very poor only gets warm, checked thermostat seems ok  - any ideas?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: heater output poor
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:07:01 PM »
It could be that the cable is out of adjustment. When knob is at full red it may actually only be midway between blue and red.

waverunner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »
Thanks - our car is 2011 and its got an electronic valve that's operated by push buttons Hot or Cold on the dashboard, no cables..

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
How old is the car, did this happen suddenly or gradually, or have you only just got the car ?

Has any work been done on cooling system ? Such as coolant change because an airlock in heater pipes or matrix can prevent proper flow and low output. Is the cabin filter clear ?

I know that some posters have had problems with the motors / solenoids and linkages that move the flaps for temperature and which vents the air blows out of, but they are buried inside the dashboard so not easy to check.

Does the car have climate control is there a temperature display on the dash.

There is a temperature sensor behind a little are of perforated dashboard below and to the left of steering wheel, this is to match cabin temperature to what you select and may be FUBAR.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: