Author Topic: GE6 factory DRL or something else ?  (Read 6282 times)

AlekJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz 1.4 sport
GE6 factory DRL or something else ?
« on: January 03, 2024, 10:10:59 PM »
Hello, just wondering is this type of DRL is factory setup or aftermarket? Some of the diodes inside have gone bad, wondering if i can fix it or order some OEM part?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 10:16:53 PM by AlekJazz »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: GE6 factory DRL or something else ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 09:14:07 AM »
The factory did have dark kit for 2011- models, similar to the Citroen factory of same period when I priced importing they were £180 + import charge.
You may be able to find copies on AliExpress but they won't be same quality etc etc.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 10:08:18 AM »
Even if  they are genuine Honda the quality hasn't been 100% reliable.   You may find a  retro fit DRL kit thats identical  or a close enough match  . Much cheaper than Honda prices . If the quality is lower than Honda might fit themselves  it could  still be cost effective and outlast the car.     Most of the hard work has already been done  - finding a  mounting place and the wiring.   

If you remove one you might be able to tell from the standard of work whether it was Factory fitted  or added by a previous owner.  It might also have makers name or part numbers you could google to find replacements.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

AlekJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz 1.4 sport
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 02:21:26 PM »
Interesting thing about mounted DRL they look like factory setup, and they are on as soon as you start the car, they are not connected on parking light. I also saw a few car with same DRL

Tags:

anything