Author Topic: Hi from Scotland  (Read 2927 times)

Goldfynche

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Silver 2002 Jazz SE 1.4
Hi from Scotland
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:22:16 AM »
Hi. I’m Mike. 73 years old. Still got most of my marbles though :-X
Lived in London for most of my life but moved to central Scotland 4 years ago, where I now live with my daughter.
Anyway. Needed a new car so bought a Jazz from a used car dealer in Edinburgh 4 days ago. Very happy with it so far. 52 reg. 82000 on the clock. On the way home with it, I stopped in a lay-by to text my daughter and forgot that the engine was still running. It was so quiet and vibration free!
You will never get a second chance of a first impression

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Hi from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:43:06 AM »
Welcome, Mike. I live in Kirkcaldy, and am enjoying my first Jazz. It is a 56 plate i-DSI, with 107,000 miles on the clock. I have occasionally tried to start it with the engine running, it is so quiet. Hope you have a great experience with the Jazz. It is a roomy, frugal, and not uncomfortable little car.

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
Hello. Thank you. I previously had a Mk1 CR-V some years ago.
At my age, i’d be happy to give up driving. But as there are only a couple of convenience stores in our village. And the nearest large town being 15 miles away. A car is essential. Although the free bus pass does come in handy occasionally.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »
I use my bus pass for trips into Edinburgh, if I can, but I have a 94 year old mother-in-law who has regular clinics in the city centre, so I have to drive into town then. As long as the Queensferry Crossing is flowing freely then most trips don't take too long.
I love driving (even took a part time delivery driver job when I retired), and on reaching 70 I took a driving assessment to confirm I was still safe. I passed with flying colours. Mind you, I am not as comfortable driving at night, as I once was. The modern, super bright, headlights don't help the decrepit driver!

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »
Not sure exactly what spec mine is? Can’t find it in the manual.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
Not sure exactly what spec mine is? Can’t find it in the manual.

Have a look at your V5C logbook document,  the spec should be listed as well as the exact model designation ( eg GG6 )
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »
Ok. Apparently I have a 52 reg Honda Jazz SE 1.4. Not exactly sure what year that is?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
Ok. Apparently I have a 52 reg Honda Jazz SE 1.4. Not exactly sure what year that is?

http://www.theaa.com/car-buying/number-plates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

Yours is a 1st September 2002 to 28th Feb 2003 registered car (unless it is a leap year and then up to 29 Feb LOL ) - but your V5C should also give date of first registration.

I have occasionally tried to start it with the engine running, it is so quiet.

I did it more than once as well, until experience made me check rev counter first.

One good thing about the 'push button start' system as opposed to turning the ignition key is that if you press the button when engine already running it won't try to start the engine ( one of the first things I tried on my Civic  :o  )
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:58:20 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 08:20:43 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 09:41:34 AM »
I use my bus pass for trips into Edinburgh, if I can, but I have a 94 year old mother-in-law who has regular clinics in the city centre, so I have to drive into town then. As long as the Queensferry Crossing is flowing freely then most trips don't take too long.
I love driving (even took a part time delivery driver job when I retired), and on reaching 70 I took a driving assessment to confirm I was still safe. I passed with flying colours. Mind you, I am not as comfortable driving at night, as I once was. The modern, super bright, headlights don't help the decrepit driver!

I did freelance delivery driving for a couple of years back down in London. I had a Vauxhall Combo van that ran on LPG! Essential for the central London congestion zone. You could get a special permit for £10 per year! Far better than the £8 per time, or whatever it costs now!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
I did freelance delivery driving for a couple of years back down in London.
Don't fancy that much. I was out and about delivering round the garages throughout Fife. Every day was like a Sunday drive! Country roads, and not a lot of traffic, except the East Neuk in the summer.

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »
Hello and welcome!
I'm fae Fife!  :)

Tags:

anything