Author Topic: The UK's most dangerous drivers  (Read 6910 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: The UK's most dangerous drivers
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »
Good point about S mode. I mentioned on another thread about how it can help in certain situations. I shall be using it sparingly but I will be using it. It's a different car acceleration wise.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
The other problem that my Wife noticed is that cars turning right in the oncoming traffic lane always assume you are driving very very slowly. I have had a number of near misses since I got my new car.

I also agree that some drivers behind you seem assume you are driving very slowly on dual carriage ways and insist on overtaking then slowing down when they realise you are doing the legal limit and they are going faster than they thought.

Small price to pay, the Honda Jazz Sport is a great car I really like driving it around. One good thing people always let me out at road junctions.

guest5079

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 02:09:35 PM »
When I heard about the driver to which Jocko refers, I really could not believe  that this person who allegedly holds a driving licence would be arrogant enough to even speak of what he had done. Still given that it was alleged to have been a person from the Indian sub continent ( I hope my information is correct) I am not surprised the person was stupid enough to a) do what he did and b) complain. Before we get shouts of foul my GP came from that part of the world and I have met plenty that are very decent people BUT on the other hand!!!!!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 02:36:15 PM »
When I heard about the driver to which Jocko refers, I really could not believe  that this person who allegedly holds a driving licence would be arrogant enough to even speak of what he had done. Still given that it was alleged to have been a person from the Indian sub continent ( I hope my information is correct) I am not surprised the person was stupid enough to a) do what he did and b) complain. Before we get shouts of foul my GP came from that part of the world and I have met plenty that are very decent people BUT on the other hand!!!!!

His name was Patel,  so you are on pretty sure ground with your assumption. Just goes to show that all the hype about autopilot etc really impresses some gullible (read stupid) people.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
Still given that it was alleged to have been a person from the Indian sub continent

I thought he was from Nottingham!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
Still given that it was alleged to have been a person from the Indian sub continent

I thought he was from Nottingham!

exactly  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.

valleyjazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
It is when they do this

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
Experienced a couple of real numpties today. First was an 18 plate Audi, that as I slowed and entered a 40 mph zone, pulled out from a few cars back, overtaking the rest of the traffic, and me, on the hatched junction.
I carried on at 40 mph, and 200 yards further on, where the road opens out (still 40 mph) he had disappeared from sight, half a mile ahead.
I was heading into the photo, and he passed me as I passed the junction on the left of the photo. Well into the 40's.

The next guy, driving a nondescript Asian SUV, over took me as I approached the end of the M8. He actually still had two wheels in my lane (lane 1) as he passed. How he missed my mirror I don't know. He then went round the outside of the Hermiston Gait roundabout, even undertaking cars that were signalling to leave the junction before he did.
Classic German/SUV drivers!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »
I had some turnip in a flashy Mercedes overtake me and the three cars in front yesterday because we were slowing down. The rest of us had worked out from the flashing indicator that the car in front was turning right, but this failed to put the Merc driver off.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »
Of course what we are all forgetting is that people who drive posh German cars are all incredibly important :P :P

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
When you have a posh german car you park anywhere, on double yellow lines, on blind corners and disabled parking spaces.

I regularly see a big german SUV's parking in reserved spaces because the cars are so big they can't get them into normal parking spaces.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:53:52 AM by Barcam »

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
On the A3400 in the village of Henley-in-Arden there is a narrow section of road alongside the village church where both sides of the road have double yellow lines.
We pass through the village maybe 3 or 4 times a week and there are always cars parked on the lines, which leads to holdups in the movement of traffic.
The police do not appear be interested!!!!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »
The police do not appear be interested!!!!
The police are not interested. I regularly see police vehicles, queuing with the rest of us mortals, trying to get past an illegally parked car. Why they don't stop and wait for the driver to appear (driver usually in one of the nearby shops), I don't know. They could at least give them a firm talking to if they don't want to ticket them.

Tags:

anything