Author Topic: Spare wheel  (Read 5466 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Spare wheel
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
Hi
Does anyone have either a full alloy 16" spare wheel for the jazz or a temporary thin one.
I am not sure whether a 15" is permitted on same axle as 16"
Thanks

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Spare wheel
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
There are several 16" Jazz wheels, on Ebay, at the moment.......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Really wanted a full size alloy if poss. Some of the wheels that says it fits the Jazz look like they come from Rover cars, guess they must be compatible. ?

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 06:06:57 PM »
Really wanted a full size alloy if poss. Some of the wheels that says it fits the Jazz look like they come from Rover cars, guess they must be compatible. ?
I entered, "jazz alloy wheel", there were at least five genuines. Same as the one I bought, a few weeks ago. (With pressure sensors)....
David.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »
My understanding regarding 15" & 16" wheels on the same axle, is that they are permissible for breakdown/emergency use only, as they both have the same rolling radius, but must be clearly labelled for 50 MPH Max.
I have had a standard Honda 15" steel wheel with tyre in the boot of my EX for several years. Fortunately I've never had to use it, but would do so, in preference to using the supplied 'tyre gunk' on a punctured tyre

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »
I entered, "jazz alloy wheel", there were at least five genuines. Same as the one I bought, a few weeks ago. (With pressure sensors)....

Correction......

I entered, "honda jazz 16" alloy wheels".

The extra info, makes a big difference.......
David.

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 11:56:36 PM »
The rover 4 stud pattern and the early bmw mini 4 stud will all fit, if like me you want a "proper " 16" alloy they do crop up on ebay, i now have 2, one for each EX, from looking it took about 2-3 weeks for some to crop up, going rate about £75 with a tyre thats got some life left and wheel in near perfect condition,  more or less the same without a tyre

guest5814

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:04:05 PM »
Longlegpete is correct, the 4stud BMW MINI wheels are an exact replacement.  Toying on fitting a set of 17" to our 2012 EX. With 215/45 tyres, I think the rolling diameter is about the same as the 185/55x16 at the moment.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 07:37:14 AM »
Re BMW MINI 15" steel wheels, I used them with winter tyres on the first couple of winters I had my Jazz, they are identical in all dimentions to the Honda steel wheel.
The only thing I had to do was by some suitable nuts as the nuts for the alloy wheels have a different seat angle, Honda list a different nut for the steel wheel fitment.
I keep one of the steel wheels (and tyre!) as a get you home spare in the boot.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »
Re BMW MINI 15" steel wheels, I used them with winter tyres on the first couple of winters I had my Jazz, they are identical in all dimentions to the Honda steel wheel.
The only thing I had to do was by some suitable nuts as the nuts for the alloy wheels have a different seat angle, Honda list a different nut for the steel wheel fitment.
I keep one of the steel wheels (and tyre!) as a get you home spare in the boot.
I have a rover steel wheel, does that mean that I have to buy some new wheel nuts, if so where is the best place to get them.  I would like to change spare to an alloy at some point. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:19:45 PM by Roddy0000 »

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
Does anyone have a part number for steel wheels nuts for the Jazz if I fit a steel rover wheel
Thanks

guest5079

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 08:53:29 AM »
I too have a Rover steel 15inch space saver, it was cleared by my Insurers for use as designed in an emergency.
Prior to the Jazz we owned a Rover 45 V6 with an auto box. It was fitted with alloys BUT the spare was steel ( the very same wheel used by many Jazz owners). There was absolutely NO mention of using different wheel nuts.
I believe Culzean ( sorry if I have named the wrong person ) clarified this question. ie the wheel nuts are the same. In an age of manufacturers trying to save money it is difficult to imagine any of them supplying two different sets of wheel nuts for a vehicle fitted with alloys and having a steel spacesaver.
Also remember the Rover range all had a considerable bit of Honda and later BMW in them.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 05:37:46 PM »
I have just bought an alloy wheel as I wanted a spare that I do not have to limit the speed, tyre being fitted on Thursday. This will only be a budget tyre as it is only a spare. Will be selling my steel spacesaver.  :)
Thanks for all the replies. 

Tags: