Author Topic: Car seat cover  (Read 2482 times)

Arthur49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i-VTEC ES Auto
Car seat cover
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »
I've got a 2012 Honda Jazz CVT, the seats of which cripple me without extra padding.  I've had some from Halfords and added extra foam but they're rubbish quality and have fallen to bits - can anyone recommend some good quality ones with decent lumbar support?
Alternatively, can I just swap the seat with the older version of the jazz - my wife has a ten year old one which is really comfortable.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:53:09 PM by Arthur49 »

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Car seat cover
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »
I had the same problem caused by part of the seat pressing into my spine--there is a turtle shell shaped piece of plastic in the seat back which gave me a problem. If this is your problem there is a simple fix for it.
 See here http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=5014.msg21839#msg21839 

guest5355

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:34 PM »
Hi. if you go to YouTube and enter Honda Lumba Number 1 of 2 and when that's finished enter Honda Lumba 2 of 2. The first one has the word Number in it but the second one does not. Hope this helps.
 A friend of mine has had the plastic lumber support taken right out as his wife found it impossible to drive the car before the support was removed. He has informed his insurance company and they did not charge him extra but they noted it in his file.

Arthur49

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i-VTEC ES Auto
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 10:13:35 PM »
I've done that - I think it's a function of my height (6'2") but even with that bit lobbed out it wrecks my back.  It's the whole design of the seat is pretty dreadful, which is odd because my wife's old one is fine.   There must be a way of finding if other seats fit without wrecking the car in the process!

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »
Must be us but I am also 6' 2" and my other half is 5' 4" and neither of us have ever found the seats uncomfortable or giving us any back problems even on longish 400 mile trips we do occasionally when visiting relatives, both of us have had back problems in the past including me having had an operation on by lower back but we have never had cause to try any additional padding or modifications to the seats. ???
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:27:46 PM by Hobo »

Tags: