Author Topic: Old Duffers !!  (Read 10852 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Old Duffers !!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 04:17:52 PM »
Well I'm over 70 and do you not know that calling senior citizens Old Duffers makes you seem like a MORON, spelt with a few F's. I was trained by the Law to drive to a high standard and I'm a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and I drive within the law, however when most of us older drivers  look in the rear view mirror, we see Young Ones driving so close to us that they will find out the hard way who's the Fuffer.
 Up until November 2006 I had two sons, now I only have one, my eldest (age 27) was Killed by a 30 year old ramming the back of my sons car, the estimated speed of this person was over 65mph in a 40mph area.
 Have a nice day and remember it's not how fast you drive, it's how fast you can stop.
    Please if anyone does feel the need to reply I would be most grateful if you did not mention my late son, I am trying to tell this Fuffer what can happen. even after 9 years the paint in my mind is still wet.

No need to shout (bold typeface)  not all us old duffers are deeeef  - I have noticed a lot of tailgating in last few years even when you are doing tad over the speed limit peeps try to 'push you' along,  one of the side effects of using a mobile while driving (hands free as well as 'illegal type' please note) according to road safety experts is a tendency to reduce the gap to car in front because you are not really paying attention to driving.  This has been proved by having cameras in the car checking on driver behaviour under different circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:03:20 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »
I wouldn't class myself as an old duffer at 53 but i guess that's really for someone else to judge!

Having said that I don't drive my Jazz particularly fast as i dont feel any need too, I own 3 motorcycles which more than satisfy my need for speed and to be honest most cars for me seam boring to drive.
The reason for me getting a Jazz was reliability first and foremost,  my other half has a 2007 1.4 Jazz and we have never had a problem with it, she had a Civic before that and again nothing ever went wrong with it, until recently i have always had company vehicles so when it came to me getting a car there was only one choice really.

So dont imagine all Jazz drivers dont know what it's like to go fast or do 0_60 in 2.5 seconds, we may well be doing that on a sunny Sunday somewhere,  it's just in my case it will be on 2 wheels not 4!

guest1372

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 12:47:25 AM »
I think location has something to do with it. Today - waved out of side roads in York at lunchtime, cut up in London this evening.
--
TG

guest5685

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »
Well I may be the wrong side of 50, but I can drive a lot faster ( if the speed limit allows) than 40mph.

I have done rally driving and  been around the track ( and block lol )  so I feel a bit insulted by your comment  coffeecup!

Tags: