Author Topic: That front grille...  (Read 2002 times)

guest5901

That front grille...
« on: January 26, 2016, 06:17:52 AM »
Hi to all!

A newbie here in the forums and got a blue 2009 Honda Jazz Sport GE 1.5L a month ago. Really excited about it with all the mods that I plan to do.

There's just one thing that annoys me. The front grille is really dirty, actually it's WAXY. Can't get that waxy dust out of it with a toothbrush and water or detergent.

Here are some pics :

Can you suggest ways on how can I get rid of the waxy dust and make the grille look good as new?
(I don't want to replace it with a new one)

Thank you :)

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: That front grille...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I have a proprietary product in a spray can called 'back-to-black', but the classic item is smooth peanut butter, but that is messy enough itself although it does work. An alternative may be to try a glass cleaner than contains IPA (isopropanol alcohol), that seems to dissolve most things, and WD-40 gives a temporary gloss shine to black trim, but not sure if that is available in Bahrain.
--
TG

guest5901

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »
Thanks for the info TG. Really appreciate it.

If the smooth peanut butter doesn't work  ^_^  , I will try to find glass cleaners here with IPA. We have WD-40 here so it's ok.

:D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
There is a Car Plan product called 'Black Chrome' that is a wax with black pigment in it, unlike 'back to black' which is just a clear silicon spray (same as Armorall )  that coats up whatever is there and make it shiny (bit like when you put water on a dry pebble and all sorts of patterns and colours appear,  only to disappear when it dries out),  The clear silicon does leave a repellent layer behind,  but for good,  long lasting results and protection I feel Black Chrome has the edge
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: