Author Topic: bosch versus ngk/denso  (Read 1643 times)

guest7341

bosch versus ngk/denso
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:40:36 PM »
 Im just about to tackle a sparkplug change on the good ladies 2009 1.2 vtec dont know if im being a tight ass or even an idiot but has anyone used Bosch iridium plugs [0242236610] as replacement instead of the NGK DIFR6D 13 or DensoDK20PR-13 they seem to be half the price and i have used them in other makes in the past without problem ,the car has done 46000mls from new and we have owned it since 2012 so they havent been changed yet i would value any input from knowledgeable peeps before i commit ,also has anyone changed them without removing scuttle etc

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: bosch versus ngk/denso
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »
I would stick with NGK or Denso, been using esp NGK for decades and never had a problem with them.

Stickshifter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2 S 2014
Re: bosch versus ngk/denso
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 10:45:42 PM »
Yes, I replaced the plugs in my 2009 1.2VTEC Jazz with those Bosch plugs last Summer as they were cheaper than the originals. They were fine and seemed to improve acceleration slightly but that could just have been wishful thinking on my part at the time. I sold the car in May of this year so can't comment on the long term effects!

The owner's handbook that came with my car gave a code of DIFR 6A13G for the NGK plugs for the car rather than the DIFR6D13 code that other people have mentioned on this forum. Not sure if the plugs are the same and the codes changed or they are actually different plugs and Honda changed the engine plugs early on in production.

I remember having to remove the wipers, plastic cowl, undertray and wiper motor to get to the plugs to change them. While in there I also checked the valve clearances. They were barely out of spec at 48K miles/8 yrs. I think I had just two inlets that were 1/1000 of an inch tighter than spec. I adjusted them but it really wasn't worth the effort.

Tags: