Author Topic: Confused about Space savers sizes!  (Read 1687 times)

guest7710

Confused about Space savers sizes!
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »
HI Guys,

My Wife's MK1 06 Jazz sport has just been written off :-(  So I have bought her a 15 plate Mk2 ES plus. :-)   I noticed it never had a spare wheel,  so I swiped her old one before the car was collected.

My question is..   can this T115/70D14 Honda space saver for the MK1 be used with a Mk2 ok?  If so,  I think I have read I can secure it using the same bolts?   Does anyone have a picture of where to cut the carpet?

Prob an old question,  but so much info out there I am confused!

Ta

michaelC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 2013
Re: Confused about Space savers sizes!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »
Hi, sorry I can't answer your question explicitly.  Just posting that the trend nowadays is to throw in a puncture repair kit, which takes less space and presumably less cost than an actual tire.
The puncture repair kits require a motorised compressor, to pump some kind of chemical into the tire valve, and that should help seal it until you can replace the tire at a garage. 
Hope you have found a proper solution to your problem!

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »
Honda puncture sealant kits come complete with a compressor, your wife's new car should have a kit as standard.
The car may not gave a jack and wheelbrace however.
Puncture sealant kits are notoriously unreliable so it's good that you have a spare wheel.

Vic.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
This discussion https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10159.0 indicates that the normal Mk 3 Jazz space saver is T135/80D15. This tyre calculator https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=135&aspect=80&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=40&width2=115&aspect2=70&wheel_size=14&wheel_width=9-5&offset2=20 suggests that the radius and circumferance are more than 10% smaller. The car might limp along but will look lop-sided. Put your Mk 1 space saver next to a wheel on the Mk 3 and see how they compare.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Bristolroversfc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2013 EX
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 01:13:03 PM »
Maybe best to check with your local tyre depot as I believe that not many will even attempt to repair a puncture that has had that "Gunk" injected into it.
I have an 13 reg. Jazz and bought a space saver wheel off a well known auction site which also fitted a rover 25.
Spacesaver fits snugly down into the well with no need to cut the carpet.

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
Sealant kits are no use for blow-outs or damage to the side wall.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:49:20 AM »
Agree, sealants are crap, get a wheel from e-bay, and keep the electric pump its great for blowing up your tyres and any other stuff.

mike

Tags: