Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yes, I had the same symptoms...see the following:  https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16309.0

At first, just the input shaft bearing noise, then knocking noises which continually got worse over time/mileage and eventually the knocking noise was audible in 1st - 4th (but never 5th...presumably because 5th is on a different shaft and 1st - 4th are on the same shaft).  Knocking noise was present under load (acceleration and/or going up hill).  The higher the load, the louder the noise.

I ended up having a recondition gearbox fitted (along with a clutch as the mileage was 116k on the original), and this solved the issue/noises.

Best Regards,
Justin
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Chis52 on Today at 12:12:32 PM »
When my next service is due, it's third, in August, I'm considering going back to Crown Honda for it if it entails a brake fluid change

My nearest dealer is Reading but I've read some worrying reviews about this dealer on various forums with them being less than helpful when problems arise ..... unless you're paying

Just glad I've been a Which? Legal member for years. Used them a couple of times and they are good with consumer problems
You are wise to steer clear of the Honda dealer in Reading (Marshalls). The servicing department rarely bother to answer the phone and cannot be relied upon to pass messages. I ended up going to the dealer in Maidenhead to fix my brake fault.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Charging battery overnight
« Last post by obtom on Today at 10:35:15 AM »
Thank you all who've replied so far - this is such a great forum!

Some interesting points:

* I know you can charge a battery whilst still in the car but it's not practical for me as I don't have off street parking near a power supply. Battery will have to come out overnight! I have a charger from the Aldi that I've never tried but should do the trick. Good to know it's probably just the radio that will need a code

* Couple of people mentioned that a battery that can turn the engine over for that long might be ok so I'm not sure what the issue might have been now. I did move the car just a little bit down the road the day before so a neighbour could remove scaffold, but I'd have thought a battery could handle at least a couple of stop/starts like that
Seems that a bit of DIY with some nuts and bolts might do the trick; you can glue the hollow piece that fell off over the end, so you cannot see the DIY any longer.
The part you are looking for is part of the side panel, so it would need replacing completely, so the sourcing of a used panel would be you cheapest route.

A new side panel will cost you in the region of £230
« Last post by GBH on Today at 09:11:16 AM »
As Lord V points out, if the battery managed to turn the engine for 20 seconds and it then started, the battery would appear to be O.K.

I had to change my battery a few months after buying my (used) car and there was no problem with changing it over as I had a card with the radio code and the coding in the key does not need any input.

Have previously had battery problems with other cars and bought a simple plug-in voltage meter that goes into the cigarette lighter socket. This is easy to use and can be read from the driver's seat when running. They are cheap and readily available through the usual web-sites and are convenient to use as a quick check (or can be left in place without problem).
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 07:48:54 AM »
I cant comment on any immobiliser problems if for instance  you need to remove the battery to reach a 240v power socket.

What do you mean by taking 20 seconds to start?  If battery was able to crank  the starter reasonably  powerfully for 20 seconds before the car started  the problem may lie with the car, not the battery.  ??? 

The resting voltage of a fully charged battery should be 12.6V . 12.41 Volts   suggests its partly charged but might still be healthy. .   
If you typically only do short journeys  even a 40 minute run may not be enough to fully charge it.   With the engine running you should be getting more like 14.4 volts. 

I also had an asian made Original equipment battery (not Yuasa) that lasted more than 9 years.
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 07:11:16 AM »
Treat yourself to CTEK MXS 5.0 Charger , you'll never look back.
No need to remove the battery.
I only replaced the original Yusa on my wife's Mk 2 Jazz last October when it was 9 yrs of age.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Charging battery overnight
« Last post by obtom on April 23, 2024, 10:47:41 PM »
Hi All,

I’ve got a 3.5 year old Yuasa battery in my mk 2 jazz and for the first time since I put it in I had trouble starting the car (took like 20 seconds of cranking to get going).

If I took the battery out overnight to charge it will I run into problems with the immobiliser? I’ve got the code for the radio so that doesn’t bother me but I’ve got a couple of important trips coming up so don’t want to risk either a flat battery or an obstinate immobiliser!

We gave the car a 40 minute run 2 days ago, didn’t use it yesterday and the voltage reads 12.41 today which doesn’t seem amazing.

Many thanks!
Tom
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Spark plug type
« Last post by jazzaro on April 23, 2024, 10:19:52 PM »
What mileage should iridium spark plus be changed?
120000km or equivalent in miles
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything