Author Topic: Towing a Jazz WITH CVT  (Read 4738 times)

guest157

Towing a Jazz WITH CVT
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:11:11 AM »
Does anyone tow a Jazz with CVT box behind a motorhome?

guest174

• Topic Starter
Re: Towing a Jazz WITH CVT
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:22:22 AM »
I have a Jazz 1.4LS CVT (GD1) but I have not tried to tow it yet (hopefully I never have too). But in according to the manual you have to put the cars transmission in neutral possition. If you’re not able to turn on the enginge to release the transmission shift stick, you can put the key in that little hole beside the shift stick and then you can put the transmission in neutral.

The manual also suggest not towing the car for long after the towing hook in front, it is just for towing it on to a rescue car, or to secure it to the rescue car.

guest157

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:12 AM »
[quote:1dx0824v]The manual also suggest not towing the car for long after the towing hook in front, it is just for towing it on to a rescue car, or to secure it to the rescue car.[/quote]

That’s what Smart say about their car, BUT, you can tow a Smart. I did for over 8000 miles behind the motorhome.

I just wondered if anyone had towed the CVT. I know what it says in the book and what Honda UK say. I just wanted to know if anyone does do it?

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:11:12 AM »
If it is the towing hook you are worried about, there should be no diffrence between an Jazz M/T or a Jazz CVT. There could be some diffrence between the European Jazz and the US Fit since the US fit has a larger and diffrent front bumper.

guest283

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:30 PM »
Hi, i also have been been in touch with Honda about the same thing, We have a Jazz Sport CVT, and a Motorhome already and waiting with a tow bar. But Honda said we woudl damage the transmission if we tow with all 4 wheels on ground!
I spoke to car A Tow, they were not sure about it either. So i now have been looking for a cheap maybe 3-4 yr old Manual Jazz to take with us. By the way, which motorhome do you have.

Tags:

anything