Author Topic: Hello & Jazz options…  (Read 5974 times)

guest150

Hello & Jazz options…
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Hi from newbie,
I’ve had my current Jazz 1.4SE for almost two years and have been delighted with it and am about to replace it with a 1.2S. My current Jazz was bought second hand but I’m buying my 1.2 new….so will have to face the dreaded car salesmen. I enquired at our local dealer about options and was informed that the 14? standard alloys that I was thinking of fitting were £700! The alloys are the flat 5 spokes you see in the brochure….surely this can’t be the correct price? He handed me a photocopy of the ‘options list’ which supplied me with how much it was for metallic paint and not much else but said he could check with his parts dept for any info that I wanted…..pretty poor really. I was also disappointed to learn that the improvements made to the interior weren’t carried over to the 1.2 and have found the whole experience of getting info on options etc a bit of a joke. I’ve previously bought a couple of MINI’s and Honda could learn a thing or two from them about supplying your customers with information on pricing in the brochures and the possibilities for personalising your car.

Hopefully the Honda buying experience will improve….and I’ve not even started haggling yet!

Anyhow, if anyone can help me in my quest to find out a full list of option prices I’d much appreciate it!

cheers,

D

Funktion

• Topic Starter
Re: Hello & Jazz options…
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 02:00:08 AM »
Black Amethyst Pearl (purple)

That is nasty….my local dealer has one in the showroom, kind of a sqished blackcurrent colour that does the Jazz’s lines no favours. Same with that brown Honda do for the Civic Type S.

guest150

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply…

I know about the aircon thing and am sure I’ll miss it but we are on a tight budget and the Jazz is going to be pretty much doing short local runs . Don’t get me wrong I’d like the aircon but can’t justify spending another couple of thousand for the sake of it.
I’ve really looked around and some cars to come with aircon for the £9000?ish that the Jazz will cost but Honda have the market cornered in terms of small car running costs but big car space. I can’t find another car for the money with more rear leg room and a bigger boot than a golf/civic etc? We need the bootspace for a pram and baby accesories.

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
You can always have a/c fitted to your Jazz by your dealer after-sales, but it will cost more than the initial difference between the S and the SE.

Your dealer should have a full price list. Honda usually do a complete price list of all cars including dealer-fit accessories.

Bobby Cadwell

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
to answer you question…I tried in vain to find on the Honda website the Honda Price List that yammick refers to.

By the way, avoid speccing up your Jazz so that it costs almost as much as the next model up. Those alloys by the sound of it will almost push the 1.2 into 1.4SE price range?

guest150

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
As some of you pointed out….having had them on my present SE I just couldn’t live without the aircon and the remote central locking etc. Also really wanted alloys and when I started to weigh everything up…..have now put a deposit on a new SE model!
So now the decision is what colour…..have decided on either storm silver, vivid blue or maybe blaze orange. Although I can’t find any dealers in my area with any cars that have been spec’d with blaze orange so unlikely to go for that one without actually seeing it.

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
Isn’t Blaze Orange really pink?

22es

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
Storm Silver is really smart, kind of a silver-grey. This would be the colour I would have if Honda offered it for the Civic

guest150

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
Found out that the Jazz will be offered in 3 new colours for 2007….One of which is sparkle grey which I have went with. Will have a bit of a wait due to the fact it’s a new colour. Delivery is expected around April 14th.

Anyone know if the 2007 model has any other changes?

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
My Jazz is in Vivid Blue which with the bodykit of the Sport makes the car look really smart.

Blaze orange is not pink…you’re thinking of Venus Orange.

guest150

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »
Did enquire about Blaze orange…but was informed of a 5 month wait by dealer! The wait plus the fact that we couldn’t see any cars in the metal with Blaze Orange pushed us in the direction of the new Sparkle Grey colour which we saw on an FRV….very nice, should look pretty smart…..hopefully

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 09:02:07 AM »
New colours for 2007:

CHiffon Green Metallic
Sparkle Grey Pearl
Black Amethyst Pearl (purple)

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:14 PM »
[quote:1jvhs0o8]Black Amethyst Pearl (purple)
That is nasty….my local dealer has one in the showroom, kind of a sqished blackcurrent colour that does the Jazz’s lines no favours. Same with that brown Honda do for the Civic Type S.[/quote]

Hehe! You are the first person I have heard that did not like this color

I own a Jazz with this color and think it is absolutly the best color on a car I have ever seen. I was a little skeptic to the color at first, but I soon got to love it.
The special with this color is that in low light or overcast it looks black but when the sun is shining the color is just a blast.

Look at this picture:

juicyjazz

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »
Quote from: "jazzowner"
[quote:2jmjeegx]Black Amethyst Pearl (purple)
That is nasty….my local dealer has one in the showroom, kind of a sqished blackcurrent colour that does the Jazz’s lines no favours. Same with that brown Honda do for the Civic Type S.

Hehe! You are the first person I have heard that did not like this color

I own a Jazz with this color and think it is absolutly the best color on a car I have ever seen. I was a little skeptic to the color at first, but I soon got to love it.
The special with this color is that in low light or overcast it looks black but when the sun is shining the color is just a blast.

Look at this picture:
[/quote]

I loovvvvee this colour, it was my second choice after Blaze Orange.

I got my Blaze Orange Jazz in 3 months….and it was a canceled order, my local dealer had to do a two-way swap with another dealer on his allocation to get this car. :)

Tags: