Author Topic: Jazz 1.2 S Pricing  (Read 4506 times)

guest198

Jazz 1.2 S Pricing
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
I have £3000 deposit to put down on a Jazz 1.2 S as a second car (FR-V 2.0 Sport is our main car Grin). The rest I plan to get on PCP and fully intend to make the final payment. The best I have found so far is http://www.broker4cars.co.uk

Jazz 1.2 S Price: £8,362.53
Deposit: £3000
36 x £73.30
Final Payment: £3957.02
Overall: £9,595.82

I’m going to try and get my local dealer to match this, but not holding out much hope as they have refused to budge in my past dealings with them.

Does anyone know of any cheaper online brokers I can try, or is this likely to be the lowest?

grd

guest436

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz 1.2 S Pricing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
Try http://www.drivethedeal.com or maybe moneysupermarket.com could worth a look.

Thought about PCP’s through your bank? Or the supermarkets?

Lord Knowles

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
Try the dealer again; if they won’t budge, try another. On a car like the 1.2 Jazz, dealers probably don’t make alot on the car itself and instead make more money selling you finance, GAP cover, DiamondBrite, etc.

guest198

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
I went to see the Honda dealer this afternoon - the sales guy went out the back to talk to his manager, came back and said “we can’t even get close to that”. And that was that. I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t even try and come up with a figure, obviously their sales targets have been met! So it looks like I will be embarking on my first internet car purchase with broker4cars!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »
Many of these internet brokers obtain low prices by buying (or agreeing to buy) many cars in bulk.

guest198

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
ll I was interested in was the bottom line after 3 years (as I intend to keep the Jazz). They could have quoted me £8800 for the car (or thereabouts) and then done something with the APR on the PCP to meet or partially meet the total amount payable. Last October these were the guys that told me I could go the length of the country and I would not find any dealer willing to do a deal on a new or second-hand FR-V. Southern Counties Honda in Crawley were willing to do a deal for me on a used FR-V. It was a 200 mile round trip, but I got what I wanted.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
I Know Southern Counties Honda (I know that area), although I’ve never used them.

I purchased a pre-reg Jazz from Trident Surbition after being told ‘no deal’ on new or used Jazz’s by my local dealers. Shows you can if you look around.

bean

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:48:16 PM »
You could try Southern Counties again - try to deal with the same salesperson who sold you the FR-V; salesmen try to build a rappot with customers and like them to buy cars from themselves again. But, as said above, I reckon a Jazz would have less margin than the FR-V so it might not work.

I still suprised the dealer won’t budge on the Jazz - as mentioned above, the salesman gets extra money to take home if he sales you finanice - PCP’s especially are big money earners.

If you buy from a broker make you get a UK-spec car from a UK dealer.

Lord Knowles

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »
My Civic came from Southern Counties Honda in Crawley and I have had good service from this dealer. Not that its saying much of course, the treatment I’ve had from Audi and Ford is pretty appalling to say the least.

guest198

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
Well, as a follow-up to this, I didn’t get a new Jazz after all. Roll Eyes Some friends happened to be selling a 2003 Jazz SE with 50,000 miles on it. I bought it for just over £5,125. On the face of it, that sounds quite expensive, but Jazz’s seem to hold their price amazingly well and there are similar age/mileage cars to mine going for approx £7000 locally.

There is one thing that’s bugging me with it….. and I’ll get to that in the technical section!

Tags:

anything