Author Topic: Recommendation for dash-mounted speedometer  (Read 4123 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Recommendation for dash-mounted speedometer
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 01:10:01 PM »
Ask, and it shall be given you.
I have not mounted it directly in front of myself, though I could have done if I mounter it directly below the windscreen. Problem then is it is too far forward to reach the selector switch on the rear. If I didn't have the ScanGauge mounted on the binnacle I could have mounted it there.

A close up shows how much dust I have on top of the dashboard. That is due to driving about with my air con on (windows open! It is an S after all).

Even this one, taken using the flash, shows how clear the display is and isn't washed out by bright light.

The variation in the altitude (green number) is due to the time taken to acquire and interrogate satellites. The first image shows the default when satellites are first found (328), the second as it settles (0), and the third with the correct elevation (16 ft). Once the satellites are acquired the system changes the numbers every couple of seconds (speedo about every half second).

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 03:00:54 PM »
Ask, and it shall be given you.
I have not mounted it directly in front of myself, though I could have done if I mounter it directly below the windscreen. Problem then is it is too far forward to reach the selector switch on the rear. If I didn't have the ScanGauge mounted on the binnacle I could have mounted it there.

A close up shows how much dust I have on top of the dashboard. That is due to driving about with my air con on (windows open! It is an S after all).

Even this one, taken using the flash, shows how clear the display is and isn't washed out by bright light.

The variation in the altitude (green number) is due to the time taken to acquire and interrogate satellites. The first image shows the default when satellites are first found (328), the second as it settles (0), and the third with the correct elevation (16 ft). Once the satellites are acquired the system changes the numbers every couple of seconds (speedo about every half second).

Jocko,

Thanks very much, very interesting to see this in place.

I found this on YT too......

It does look like a smart bit of kit.

Cheers.

Steve

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
Hi Jocko,

'Ask, and it shall be given you.'

Next weeks lottery numbers, or a few grand to tide us over 'til then and will pay you back :-)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »
The device in the video is an OBD II unit. Not what I have. The speedometer part is the similar display but that connects into the engine functions, just like my ScanGauge. It does not use the GPS to give an accurate speed reading, but only costs half the price of the one I went for. It also includes a water temperature gauge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/153456928606?chn=ps

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=382944629742&category=185017&pm=1&ds=0&t=1558882447332
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:56:33 PM by Jocko »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 10:29:32 PM »
https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/interior-car-accessories/halfords-cup-holder-multi-socket

This is a neat bit of kit to get extra power sockets in a Jazz,  this will fit in one of the cup holders in front of gearstick on my wifes MK2 and gives 2 x USB charging sockets and 2 x 12v outlets, also you get the system voltage monitoring LED lights which are very useful - going to get one tomorrow. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: