Author Topic: Is fixing a bumper dent with hair dryer possible on Jazz?  (Read 2024 times)

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
Is fixing a bumper dent with hair dryer possible on Jazz?
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Has anyone tried to fix a small bumper dent? I tried for a few minutes with a hair dryer but stopped as I didn't want to potentially ruin the paint work. The area was quite hot to touch...

The bumper is hard plastic so I'm wondering if anyone has managed to heat the bumper and push out a small dent?

I put my hand up behind the rear bumper but it was quite hard plastic to push. Seems like an outer shell and inner shell, true? And there is not much room - just enough for a hand. If I heat it enough it probably would go back with manipulation - but would the paint suffer?

I'll try the hair dryer again if anyone has had a good result from it.

guest1372

Re: Is fixing a bumper dent with hair dryer possible on Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
I had to cut out a small section underneath when fitting the towbar, and it seems to be similar material to plastic guttering.  The rear bumper is quite easy to take off anyway so you might have more luck from the inside; it's only a single skin.  Two hex head screws each side of the tailgate opening and a couple of fixings in each arch and along the bottom, then it's just a question of pulling loose from the friction clips at each side and below each light cluster.

But....   I don't think deforming plastic without a mould will ever yield perfect results.
--
tG

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Is fixing a bumper dent with hair dryer possible on Jazz?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »
I managed a similar repair on a RAV4 with boiling water, the dent popped out with a bit of pressure from the back but left a small blemish on the black plastic bumper.

Tags: