Author Topic: Standard of workmanship by so called professionals  (Read 1596 times)

guest5079

Standard of workmanship by so called professionals
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »
My Wife tells me I am a moany old git, well after today, I freely admit it. We bought this car from a Honda main dealer with the usual don't worry if you have problem we will fix it. Oh yes. We have had the car for three years which is just as well as they would get another 'ticking off'  A few months back, it was noticed the n/s rear door window wouldn't work.I don't use it so it wasn't realised there was a problem. I checked the switch and eventually found that was in order so today it was the big job. I stripped off the door card which entails undoing, a screw in the inner door latch,  7 screws to get to the switch and another 4 holding it in. so then I wanted to check to see if it was motor or window.
Ist hurdle, you can' separate the window from the motor unit unless you can get the window down about halfway to get to the bolts. Why Honda couldn't have punched 2 holes to enable this to be done with the window up? So it was a bit of brute force and a rubber mallet. I removed the bolts that hold the motor unit in place and kept hitting the motor until the whole lot moved down which in turn enabled me to access one bolt and by a bit of luck got the other one out. The glass was jammed solid. I checked power was getting to the motor and then connected it all up and tried the switches. All worked well, so it was  the glass. Eventually, I got this free and then could see the problem. Prior to our ownership there had been bodywork repairs. This I know because we had paint issues. Some person I am not allowed to call him/her what I think had assembled the glass in it's tracking and somehow got the glass on the wrong side of the rubber. Three years and it was well and truly jammed. Rubber hammers are a wonderful invention. So it all went back together after giving the motor unit a good greasing and a few pints of silicone on the runners and all is well. Just because some prat couldn't be bothered to do the job properly a major job was created. had this gone to a dealer I dread to think what they would have charged. the on line manual is very good but it assumes the window is either down completely of halfway down. Not stuck in the up position.
Main dealers??????? I still think our Jazz is great, it's the bl***y people that are paid to supposedly look after them.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Standard of workmanship by so called professionals
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
Could not have said it better myself.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 05:29:24 PM »
My Honda dealer sends bodywork repairs out to an independent coach builder, so perhaps it wasn't a Honda botch up.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33:08 PM »
When I brought up the paint issues with the dealer about three months after purchase ( bearing in mind I had a Honda Warranty) I asked if they had done the bodywork. They refused to answer. Their answer to the paint issues was you can BUY a touch up pen. Having just paid out a large sum of money with the 'don't worry if you have a problem we will fix it' ringing in my ears, impressed I was not.
I also tried to contact the previous owner and he declined to answer.
I will repeat I will not go to a main dealer again.

Tags:

anything