Author Topic: Seat belts in rear seem to be wrong way round.  (Read 2024 times)

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Seat belts in rear seem to be wrong way round.
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
Hi all.

Since having the car one thing that irks me (only on Saturdays when we have the grand children) , is the rear seat belts either side seem to have the shiny metal bit with the square hole in it on the wrong way round. The result is the belt is always twisted when restraining someone. I arrange it so it doesn't annoy anyone the first five minutes but it does get irritating for my grand daughter. I've tried feeding it back over itself so it twists itself to the right way round so far without success as it won't pull through the shiny bit. I would say it has been like this from new but as was registered to a  Honda Dealer in Maidstone first six months of life maybe it was used for spare parts! Has anybody encountered this and found a solution? It's not even a case of twisting the bottom mount around either as the reel part on top is also the wrong way round so I think I need to be able to turn the belt in the shiny bit :) Perhaps it's soap and brute force!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Seat belts in rear seem to be wrong way round.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
One of my cars once had a belt where the buckle, for some reason, was on the wrong side of the belt. I managed to turn it by carefully folding over an edge then sliding buckle along the belt while keeping the fold at an angle (don't know if that is very clear).

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
Re: Seat belts in rear seem to be wrong way round.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »
Hi Jocko

Yes perfectly clear, that's what I was trying. I did do it on Fords fairly often when on the spanners but the Jazz buckles seem to have a thinner slot. I think I might try with fairy liquid or something on it to see if that helps. I really only asked in case there was a magic solution to my problem that someone had encountered before.

Thanks for your reply
Cheers
John

Tags:

anything