Author Topic: Jazz front seats. Again.  (Read 2327 times)

guest5355

Jazz front seats. Again.
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Hi, some friends visited us over the weekend, they have a jazz 2011 EX (purchased in May)  and they could not take the discomfort of the lumber support.
They took the complete lumber supports out of both front seats, he said it took him a couple of hours and that it is now so comfortable, my wife and I tried them and Wow, no more bag of cement in our backs.
I am giving great thought as to, should I or should I not, and if I do how would I stand with my Honda warrantee.
I have already secured towards the back of the seat the spine pushers (using cable ties) to help us out in the comfort department, we are both senior old F**** and our backs were not made for the distorted shape of the Honda jazz front seats torture department.
He did say that no wiring had to be tampered with and that they should be easy to re fit when /if they sell the vehicle.
   Any advice please, we love our jazz but the seat supports, even with them tied back is not going to help our backs as we get older.   :'( 

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Jazz front seats. Again.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 01:18:38 AM »
Just crack on and do it.

Or better still, get them to visit again and persuade him to demonstrate how it's done. (I'm surprised you didn't seize the opportunity at the time) :P

guest5355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »
Just crack on and do it.

Or better still, get them to visit again and persuade him to demonstrate how it's done. (I'm surprised you didn't seize the opportunity at the time) :P
Hi, my friend showed me what to do, gain access by unzipping the back of the driver and front passenger seats, then with a few pairs of water pump grips and a good pair of pliers remove fittings that are the metal outer bits of the ******* lumber support . the bits are housed in White tube type material, it will need a very strong grip for this and after filling the swear box, all is then ready for total comfort.
 I today removed the f/passenger bits and the Duchess of Never-Wrong has promised that she will say no more about the Ex concrete seat back.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
Showing is one thing. Demonstration is watching intently (then going off to make the tea or otherwise be suitably distracted) while he does it all for you! After completing one seat enquire about a couple of points that were "missed" suggesting a re-demonstration. Bingo, job done!   ;D

But now that boat has sailed, you'll just have to roll up them sleeves...

Tags:

anything