Author Topic: Brake fault  (Read 3353 times)

guest4142

Brake fault
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »
i have a problem with my breaks honda cant seem to find a problem as they are only checking ecu and pads and discs, i can drive round town for as long as i want with no problem, but if i go on the motorway for around 40 minutes or more, when i break there is long travel on the pedal, the breaking distance doubles and have to pretty much do an emergency stop to slow down, there is also a chugga chugga sound like a train and a tapping feedback in the break pedal as if the abs was cutting in, i have spoken with other garages who think it may be a build up of pressure in the abs pump due the the heat and constant high speed, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how you fixed it.

guest3858

• Topic Starter
Re: Brake fault
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
Hi i have something similar with my Jazz the car is 3 years old and 28000 miles on the clock bought used 4 months ago and in the last of couple months i noticed a TOTAL lack of braking if i just gentle tap the brakes the car is fine but if i need to do an emergency stop they are next to usless..
My solution is simple i will upgrade the brakes and pads and brake fluid hopefully i will have proper brakes..

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:36:24 AM »
I can drive motorway for 3-4 hours. Never had this problem occur on any of my Jazz's...sorry.

guest4327

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »
We have now done about 1300 miles in our 6 week old Jazz and were loving it until today. I'd noticed that sometimes it felt like the brakes weren't working when pressing the pedal and then would snatch on, this usually at low speeds in town traffic. However today my wife experienced complete failure of the car's brakes at low speed in a friend driveway, the car came to a stop on top of a small rock in their lawn. The brake pedal went all the way to the floor with no braking effect.
The AA man sent by Honda couldn't find anything wrong, took the car for a 2 mile drive and the brakes worked for him as he would expect. My wife was badly shaken and rightly refused to drive the car, the car is now at our local Honda dealer. I hope they find something wrong with the car as I don't think my wife will ever drive it again if they don't! To me its as if the ABS is reducing the brake line pressure so the callipers aren't working.
If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »
Ohh, I hope this is not epidemic. I have over 110k kms on the clock and so far everything ok.
But I do get lately some times strange feeling under my foot when holding break pedal.
100+1 HP

guest4327

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 11:54:34 PM »
Got our Jazz back today after a week at our local Honda dealer. They found nothing obviously wrong with the brake system but Honda UK suggested giving the brakes a thorough bleeding, on doing this they got some air out. Driving the car now the brakes have more feel and so far I'm not aware of any unexpected travel on the pedal before they work. Hopefully it's been sorted.

Tags: