Author Topic: Long voyages with Jazz...  (Read 6963 times)

guest2034

Long voyages with Jazz...
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
I am interested to hear from other Honda Jazz users about long journeys. Did you have any car related problems?
I am from Croatia and i travel often in 1000 km radius. Now i am planing trip to Belgium & Netherlands, so that is why i ask. I have 68.000 km on my Jazz and NO problems at all from the date of the purchase. IMHO,on long travels with Jazz downside  is a cabin noise.   

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Long voyages with Jazz...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
Yes, the noise can be tiresome.  Road surfaces vary tremendously and some are quieter, while others roar like taking off in a jet.

There is a Michelin tyre that my other Jazz owner friend uses, and he said the road noise is substantially less using these tyres.

I don't drive long distances any more.  Much easier to hop on a plane and just hire something the other end
If music be the food of love, play on

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
[quote author=chrisc link=topic=4852.msg20798#msg20798 date=136818988

There is a Michelin tyre that my other Jazz owner friend uses, and he said the road noise is substantially less using these tyres.
[/quote]

I have used michelin energy savers on many cars - they make a world of difference to noise on previous Jazz GD and my current Civic
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest2034

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
Well i have new TOYO summer set of tyres. Interesting is that original Dunlop SP installed by Honda is amazing tyre. I had about 55k km on that tyres. On the end when i bought mentioned new set, Dunlop was stil excellent in performance. I replaced them only because common sense prohibits using same set for 4 seasons and pushing over 60k km. On my old car, ( Renault Clio 1.4 16V ) i had MICHELIN Energy saver set. later i learned that mentioned modell is pure plastic after first year.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
Pozdrav blackcyrus2908.
Regarding road noise ... I think you will survive  ;D Who wouldn't prefere silence but Jazz is not that well isolated due to the weight reduce gold.
I'm also using M energy saver tyres. With first set I made over 97k kms, together with winter Dunlop tyres.
Way more than half  with summer tyres II believe  :o
Regarding long trips ... my longest in one peace was to Prague so far but I'm also planning a round trip to Netherlands.
Nothing to worry I believe as long you are not pushing it to the limits all the way (Germany high ways  ;D).
100+1 HP

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
'59' GE 1.2SE 360 miles - mainly motorway at 75mph - y'day with 2 adult passengers and fully loaded with luggage. Yes, the car is noisier than some but is OK. I believe my new Michelin Energy Savers (ATS sourced) are noticeably quiter than the OE Dunlop SP31. Though new tread, I think, can appear quieter. Enjoyed the drive... as much as 'you' can on motorway.

guest4075

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »
I am interested to hear from other Honda Jazz users about long journeys. Did you have any car related problems?
I am from Croatia and i travel often in 1000 km radius. Now i am planing trip to Belgium & Netherlands, so that is why i ask. I have 68.000 km on my Jazz and NO problems at all from the date of the purchase. IMHO,on long travels with Jazz downside  is a cabin noise.   

I've driven an 07, 1.2 from Edinburgh to London (420 miles), 4 people and luggage on one tank of fuel, with one break for a coffee and the loo. The car ran like a dream and apart from a little right leg discomfort (I'm 6' 4") the car was quite comfortable. There are quieter and softer sprung cars on the market but this was perfectly ok.  Saying that, the latest 2013, 1.4 version is even better for comfort and ride.

uovouvou

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX with Premium Pack
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
I find it an excellent car for long journeys.  I did 10 hours in it the other day and got out feeling fine, no doubt thanks to the cruise control on my car and the truly excellent seats.  It reminds me of the Accords that I've had  in the past.  Now if Honda UK could let us have a Jazz with the 1.5 engine it would be nigh-on perfect, as the lack of power and constant downshifting to cope with gradients can get annoying (although to be fair I did have five people in and a bootfull of luggage.)

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »
constant downshifting to cope with gradients can get annoying (although to be fair I did have five people in and a bootfull of luggage.)

However its gearshift (manual GE 1.2) is ever so sweet and such a light clutch. The best I have ever used.

The way all the controls fall to hand and foot - and their 'premium' feel always suggests to me that Jazz is born from designers and engineers who have a passion for precision... and for function. P'raps that's somewhat unusual in its 'supermini' sector.

Yet another 360 mile journey done this week (that's in addition to my post above) - largely motorway - just over 6 hours including a 30min. stop. Looking forward to the return next week.

guest4010

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
Travelled thru Europe many times as I have a partner in Hessen, germany. Never had a problem with my Jazz 1.2. Sometimew wished it had a bit more ooommmppphhh, but totally reliable.

guest2034

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Well, i just returned from that trip. I want to share a bit of details with you. Jazz was reliable and good for that voyage. We went from adriatic to Luxembourg, Belgium, and returned from Netherlands to Croatia. We had a lot of short trips in Belgium and total of 4400 km, mainly on western european highways. We had no problems in Jazz as i stated earlyer. Fuel consuption was 5.6 average for entire trip. I dont recommend my loud set of tires (TOYO PROXES CF2)  because on some highways ( especially Netherlands ) jazz sounded like a train. On the other hand that tires hold the road well.
My driving speed on highways did not exceed 140 km/h. Performed well for a 66KW small car.
After this trip from adriatic to north see, i am once again assured that i drive a good car. Big hello to people from Benelux coountries from me, you realy live in beautiful part of the world!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tags: