Author Topic: Buying a New Jazz  (Read 5198 times)

guest806

Buying a New Jazz
« on: October 24, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
Booked a test drive with the local Honda dealer for the new Si.  When booked, asked how long i could have the car for as was told half a day, as long as you like.  Turned up this morning to be given the ES with no petrol in the Tank(all warning lights were on and the gauge never moved).  Drove it off the forecourt round the block and straight back.
Informed the manager i was not happy and generally got the impression they didn't think i was there to buy a car.  The manager said the local petrol station was closed and that not all cars could be taken for a test drive.  I informed him both the car i was given and the Si in the showroom were preregistered and couldn't see why i couldn't have taken that for a drive as the cars were different.

Sales person called back to say we could take the car out which goes against Honda's policy and that both cars were the same.  I informed him that the suspension was different but he insisted it wasn't.

Emailed back shortly afterwards informing him the brochure and the website mention that the suspension was different.

Feel really let down by Honda considering this was for a new car.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Buying a New Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
Some dealers are useless, don't let one poor dealer put you off the Jazz. Not all car salesmen know the specification of the car they are trying to sell,l even though they should.

I would complain to Honda as they give the impression that Customer Service matters and are trying to sell as many cars in the UK due to lack of sales in Europe. They usually phone after you buy a new Honda and after a car has been serviced at a Honda dealer to get feedback. Give Honda some feedback on your experience.

It is probably worth seeing if you can find another dealer, hopefully there will be one not too far away.

The Jazz is a great car,  I have recently changed from a 2009 Jazz ES to a 2012 Jazz ES  and got a great deal. The 2012 ES was made in Swindon and seems much better than the 2009 car, which was made in Japan.  My 2012 Jazz ES is quieter and smoother. The 2009 ES was very good and I had not expected much to have changed but so far I am very pleased.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
I went to Brayleys in St Albans to look at a Civic, but due to limited visibility, realised that it wouldn't be suitable as a driving tuition car. so had a look at a Jazz to dismiss it and test drove a 2011 Jazz ES, but thought it was OK, but straight after drove a Hybrid HS, and to me it was chalk and cheese, and ordered one there and then.

Try a different dealer some are very accommodating, and if you are near St Albans, Herts I can thoroughly recommend Brayleys.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
Definitely sound like the dealership is rubbish and not very good/accomodating.

My local dealer is excellent and help me in whatever ways they can and take great care and interest in me whenever I pop in to see them.

I went in recently with my sister who was interested in changing her Civic Type S to a CRZ and they gave us the keys to their CRZ demonstrator with the full Mugen kit and said just bring it back whenever you want.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
Thats the type of service i was expecting having converted my parents to Honda this time last year.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »
.......so had a look at a Jazz to dismiss it and test drove a 2011 Jazz ES, but thought it was OK, but straight after drove a Hybrid HS, and to me it was chalk and cheese, and ordered one there and then.

I am trying to decide between a hybrid and petrol version, so was interested in this comment. What aspects made such a strong impression?

My assessment so far is that for a mainly town car the hybrid is a clear winner, but for motoring with more motorway and A road driving, when the electric motor is not really doing anything, the higher powered petrol engine would be better.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
Just came back from Lings Honda at Lowestoft and what a difference, had the SI for us to test drive they us have the test drive straight away.  They got the sale and well deserved, just a shame they are not my local dealer and i had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there.  Picking up a new Si in about two weeks.

;D
 :D
 :P

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
.......so had a look at a Jazz to dismiss it and test drove a 2011 Jazz ES, but thought it was OK, but straight after drove a Hybrid HS, and to me it was chalk and cheese, and ordered one there and then.

I am trying to decide between a hybrid and petrol version, so was interested in this comment. What aspects made such a strong impression?

My assessment so far is that for a mainly town car the hybrid is a clear winner, but for motoring with more motorway and A road driving, when the electric motor is not really doing anything, the higher powered petrol engine would be better.
I drove the same route in both cars which included joining a dual carriageway from a traffic light controlled roundabout, so it was literally a drag strip start. The petrol car was OK with acceleration, smooth and made good progress, but I would have given it 6/10 for performance, pretty average.

I then drove the Hybrid on the same route, again held back at the roundabout so that I was first at the lights again, as the lights changed accelerated hard and the hybrid just kept going, and I would say was impressive acceleration, 8.5/10, very good for a small car.

Add to that the better mpg, and as I now have 32800 on the clock it has been essential, along with a few shiny bits, a funky dashboard and I was sold on it. Would I buy another? Yep, but would want a bigger petrol tank given the choice.

Tags:

anything