Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2006-2014 & Insight Takata airbag recall  (Read 154746 times)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Honda Jazz 2006-2014 & Insight Takata airbag recall
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2017, 12:43:03 PM »
Get under the seats and unplug / re-plug those terminators - worth a shot, could be a dodgy connection.
--
TG

Good call- will give this a shot later tonight.

Still coming on and off ad hoc now  :(

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2017, 05:39:19 PM »
I see on the news, today, that in Australia manufacturers are replacing faulty Takata air bags with ..... faulty Takata air bags! Toyota, Mazda, Lexus, BMW and Subaru all admitted to replacing the faulty airbags with identical devices. Their rational is that the air bags deteriorate with age, and by fitting new ones they are relatively safe!! Other manufacturers have refused to comment.

guest7027

• Topic Starter
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
I heard about this recall on the news so I checked my VIN on the Honda recall website (URL different for each country).

It flagged up my vehicle was due for recall due to Takata airbag so I rang my local dealer who booked it in and they replaced the parts free of charge.

I have since tried the same VIN search on the recall website and my car seems to have been cleared indicating that the local dealer has updated to the system and recall now cleared menaing car is all OK now.

Seemed quite a simple and straight forward process for me - my car was repaired within 2 weeks on my initial contact.

jazzster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.4 Vtec EX CVT
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
mine was done yesterday after having 3 letters in last year or more with last one saying contact dealer,  took more than 3 weeks to get it in, then nearlly 5 hours 45 mins to get it done 5 before they started, but thats another story.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
I phoned Western Honda, in Dunfermline, today. I have been waiting since April for the six weeks to pass while they get the necessary parts in (airbags and window switches). Girl said she would investigate and phone me back. Still waiting!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2017, 04:31:35 PM »
Still no reply from Western Honda, Dunfermline, as yet. However I did receive a letter from Honda UK, today, telling me to contact my nearest dealer for a recall regarding window switches. No mention of the airbags! Might just drop them a letter in reply!!
If I haven't heard from Western Honda by the weekend I will phone again on Monday.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2017, 01:34:57 PM »
Nippy letter went in the post to their Customer Relations Manager, Gemma Corbett, this morning.

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
after receiving 3 letters from Honda ( 2 to tell me about the recall & 3rd to confirm mine was affected)had my drivers done on Saturday...

that's both (passengers & drivers) been replaced within 18 months...

took just over an hour so not bad .....

apparently the initial wait was for stock into the UK but now they are replacing them Adhoc...

'deny everything Baldrick'

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »
I've still heard nothing. One thing's for certain. I'll never buy a new Honda, if this is an example of their customer care.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »
I've still heard nothing. One thing's for certain. I'll never buy a new Honda, if this is an example of their customer care.
Soichiro Honda would turn in his grave by this Honda customer care!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »
Received an email from Honda saying car is due work and a link for sending a contact mail to book it. So perhaps something is finally happening. I'll keep you all informed one way or other.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
Just received an email back from Western Honda, in Dunfermline, to say my car is to go in on Monday morning for the Airbag and Electric window switch recall. Only fly in the ointment is I have to leave it and pick it up later in the day.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2017, 12:19:11 PM »
Got another email, from Becky at Honda, who has been very helpful. I had asked if work could be done while I waited, and she arranged a while you wait appointment. However because it was two recall items, and as they give car a health check and a wash and vacuum, it takes about two and a half hours. If I wished to wait until the Wednesday they could give me a courtesy car for the day. As it is recall work there is no insurance surcharge. Just bring my driving licence.
So that's it. All arranged for the Wednesday. Well done Western Honda, Dunfermline.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
Well Jocko,
It seems you have a decent Honda dealer.
I had to chase the dealer, according to Honda there was no recall on my car although a couple of weeks prior there was. When I asked the dealer WHY was there the no recall although it had NOT been done. Reply, we have spoken to Honda about this!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the letters form Honda you need do nothing you will be contacted.
As I say, you obviously have a decent dealer.
It must be Scotland.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »
I hope they give me a CVT Jazz. May shift, or confirm, my suspicions about CVT gearboxes.

Tags: recalls 

anything