Author Topic: steamed up windows  (Read 10277 times)

asd

steamed up windows
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
Hi all, does anyone else have problems with windows steaming up? My Jazz is terrible for this, when ever it rains the windows misted up badly and can I only clear it using the air-con.

guest74

• Topic Starter
Re: steamed up windows
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
hi there

you should have the air con all the time. that’s really what it’s there for… the cooling effect is a by product.

regards

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »
It’s a known issue with the Jazz. Mine does it too, although my Jazz has climate control so iI hardly notice it.

If you have manual a/c leave it on as Andy said. If it gets too cold just adjust the temperature knob - most folk will switch off the a/c at this point, you should really keep it on unless the windows or sunroof are open.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »
Hi guys,
Had my new Jazz a week now. I was very surprised today to find it very difficult to set the heater controls to cope with the condensation during a heavy rain storm. I had to open a window after stopping, so bad was the condensation on all the windows.

As far as I can tell, there are no leaks of water into the car. Everything is dry where it should be. But, the windows just steamed up as though someone had flicked a switch. I could not get the side windows clear no matter what settings I used. The front screen was also completely obscured!

Is this normal? What are the best heater settings to cope with condensation?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:41:57 PM by RichardA »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:14:04 PM »
Geoffers, This is quite common - just check the main air control on the dash - make sure the control knobis correctly set to Air coming into the car not for traveling through a tunnel/circulation within the car.
Then try the air con on for 10 mins with main flow direction onto the screen
Good Luck

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »
Thanks for that olduser1! The next time I'm out in a rain storm I'll be sure to check that setting.  :-[

guest496

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »
 :) Hello, I also have the problem of misting up at the slightest"excuse", its easily cured with the aircon switched on and the controls in the correct position, what I would like to know is why is it so prone to this problem and is there anything that can be done to improve the situation without the air con! It's the only car I have owned in 40 odd years that is so prone to the problem. I think the thin window glass could be a factor, insufficient throughflow of air, ie small outlet, inlet air is picking up too much moisture at the inlet, any ideas anyone?
                         Jazzman

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:43:18 PM »
OK try this setting for clearer view !

>Fan to position 2

>Direct the flow to the windscreen

> Air Circulation lever to the Right hand side ie air flows from outside into the car

Lets know if this helps

guest494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:19 AM »
OK try this setting for clearer view !

>Fan to position 2

>Direct the flow to the windscreen

> Air Circulation lever to the Right hand side ie air flows from outside into the car

Lets know if this helps

also being a new car have you given the inside of the windscreen a good wash
hot water and dry off with kitchen towel

it is amazing just how dirty the inside of the windscreen can be on a new car !!!!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »
This is a well known problem on the Jazz, you need to enlist the aid of the airconditioning to 'dry' the air blowing into the car and up the windscreen, also make sure heater lever is to the right (fresh air) position - with lever to the left the same old humid, stale air is re-circulated around the cabin.

Put fan on position 3, airconditioning on, heater control at least 1/4 way on and the heater blows warm, dry air into the car - hey presto the screen will clear very quickly, no matter how hard its raining.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
Sorry guys, I should have replied much earlier! :-[

We have got to grips with it now. We make sure that air is coming from the outside and the aircon is on if it's raining!

Ahhhh, the foibles of a new car. We didn't need to use the aircon to clear the screen on our last car (A Class MB).

guest238

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »
What year Jazz do you guys have?

I had this problem in my 2002 SE but my 2006 SE is unaffected.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Misting up is a common fault on Jazz during rain  - turn on aircon, heater lever to the right (fresh air), blower on 3, heater on at least a quarter turn - the aircon 'dries' the air and the heater warms it up, nice dry, warm air blows into the car.

Don't recommend leaving aircon on all the time, it does use more fuel - also plays hell with your sinuses, also it can make the window glass cold and more prone to steam up.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: